Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

CLEANING GEAR!!

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 11 Replies

we are trying to leave because he is etsing but they have kicked his gear back 2 times for not being clean enough i have scrubbed this stuff with all i have washed it a million times and i dont know what to do ... any suggestions we have tried oxy clean and laundry soap and it isnt passing.. 

by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:23 AM

No clue, I don't deal with that stuff. GL

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:39 AM

DH took a lot of his gear to the car wash and used the power hose on it. 

violinjewel
by Julia on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Quoting barrelracer1699:

No clue, I don't deal with that stuff. GL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlogsdon
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Not sure. My DH cleaned all his gear, I don't touch it. He just scrubbed it all, it was fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
What on it is dirty? Are they looking at overall grungy-ness or is there dirt and stuff in the seams?
Take a toothbrush to the seams with the oxyclean/detergent. And then let it soak in a bucket with the mixture and wash as normal.
Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I gave up on a thing once and I told the guy "Fuck it, charge me for it" and they did. They gave it back to me like 4 times :-\

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Good luck!

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:03 PM
No clue.. but my question is why are you cleaning it? Why isn't your husband cleaning his gear? They only thing I ever washed of my husbands gear was his canteens and his cammies. Everything else was him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtimesx4
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:36 PM

A lot of the gear can be cleaned with simple green and a small toothbrush.  What gear are we talking about?

Also, does the post have a quartermaster ran laundry?  Might be easier to drop it off to them for official cleaning.  Other times it was easier to just pay for it.

fontainesgirl91
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:14 AM
We are at fort drum and they stopped honoring quarter master :/ butttt we finally got it all in she didn't even look at the stuff the lady last time was a b word - made him clean things he didn't even have to turn in ! I'll be more than excited to see fort drum in the rear view mirror ! Btw the second go around we used simply green and oxy clean worked for some tough stains even got the blood out from when he was hit with an ied !! Simply green is no joke ! Love it lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN