Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

PCSIng and BAH?

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:53 PM
  • 9 Replies

I will be PCSIng this week to Ft. Bliss. I found an apartment off base because the housing waiting list is to long.  My question is .. Does BAH stop when you PCS?  Once you PCS do you have to check in the financial office to get BAH for the new location?  Or does it automatically switch over? 

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this
You go through finance during in processing and make the locations change. Your pay will be adjusted according to when you sign in to Bliss.
kayrocco20
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Is this what my husband does or I can do it? We don't check in together right? Lol I'm so stressed and confused.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep.  You will continue to get your current BAH until you check into your new command (or your spouse does if he's the AD one).  Then it will change accordingly.

Quoting Anonymous:

You go through finance during in processing and make the locations change. Your pay will be adjusted according to when you sign in to Bliss.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Is your husband the active duty one? Or both of you? 

Quoting kayrocco20:

Is this what my husband does or I can do it? We don't check in together right? Lol I'm so stressed and confused.

kayrocco20
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

He is AD so he does it.  Thanks for the help:)

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:31 AM
2 moms liked this

the AD member will do a check in worksheet when he/she arrives at the new command. once that is completed the BAH rate will change to the new location--- usually on the next pay day. ( depending on what day the check in is done.

only the member can change the BAH, if your PCSing before him it does not matter when you arrive, the BAH will stay the old rate until the member checks in.

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:29 PM

You can look it up though if you need to know what the new rate will be or to calculate the difference in your monthly budget.

First_One_8_18
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:32 PM

You will inprocess Ft Bliss. Finance will be one brief. You will fill out a pcs packet wth your travel and BAH change sheets in there. We start your new BAH on the date you sign into your new duty station on your DA31. 

The only exceptions to this are coming from OCONUS, but stateside to stateside, the new BAH starts the day you sign into your new duty station. 

BAH doesn't stop en route. You will recieve your old BAH rate until you're no longer enroute.

First_One_8_18
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Sorry, I read that as you were the soldier. Your husband will do all the briefs/paperwork. It's part of his inprocessing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)