Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

What AF jobs just got opened to females?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

Any?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

your best bet is to talk to an AF recruiter they will have the best info on this.

also just because they are open does not mean someone will automatically qualify. ASVAB scores help determine what a recruit will be qualified for.

violinjewel
by Julia on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Quoting gunsgirl:

your best bet is to talk to an AF recruiter they will have the best info on this.

also just because they are open does not mean someone will automatically qualify. ASVAB scores help determine what a recruit will be qualified for.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I agree... Talk to a recruiter. Just because a job is open... Doesnt mean you will get it. You need to be able to fulfill all requirements.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I'm prior service Army. I got an 87 on my asvab. pretty much any job would be open to me. The only restriction would be if they offered the job by dh. My AF recruiter told me to go start looking through jobs, but keep an open mind, but I want to DO something. I dont want to sit behind a desk. I want to set a good example for my daughter.

Quoting gunsgirl:

USAFamily
by Melissa on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:28 PM
2 moms liked this
So, if you sit behind a desk you're setting a bad example?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm prior service Army. I got an 87 on my asvab. pretty much any job would be open to me. The only restriction would be if they offered the job by dh. My AF recruiter told me to go start looking through jobs, but keep an open mind, but I want to DO something. I dont want to sit behind a desk. I want to set a good example for my daughter.

Quoting gunsgirl:

USAFamily
by Melissa on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Here, I googled it. Looks like they will not begin accepting women into the 7 afsc's that opened up until 2016 regardless.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20130622/CAREERS/306220006/
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Plan ahead. Pick a skill that can be utilized in civilian life so whatever training you get you can use after retirement or separation. My hubs is Security a Forces but has no desire to do police or security in civilian life which means he will be starting completely over when he's done at 38 years old-not cool. Look into finding a field you like, are good at, enjoy, and/or pays well in the civilian sector!

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:45 PM
4 moms liked this

Hey if you can't figure out how to google for answers I wouldn't want her to have a desk job either. 

Quoting USAFamily:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting gunsgirl:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:05 PM
I did google. I didn't find anything offhand and didn't feel like googling a bunch more when my dh just came home from a week being gone. I did amazing things in my army desk job. I just don't want another one.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Hey if you can't figure out how to google for answers I wouldn't want her to have a desk job either. 

Quoting USAFamily:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting gunsgirl:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Thank you! I was thinking security forces, bit only for one enlistment. I'm finishing my degree and doing rotc starting next semester, so whatever job i get, it's only until i commission.

Quoting Molimomma:

Plan ahead. Pick a skill that can be utilized in civilian life so whatever training you get you can use after retirement or separation. My hubs is Security a Forces but has no desire to do police or security in civilian life which means he will be starting completely over when he's done at 38 years old-not cool. Look into finding a field you like, are good at, enjoy, and/or pays well in the civilian sector!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN