Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Just another fluff post! Scary movies

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:01 PM
  • 14 Replies

My dh loves scary movies. He can watch them all the time, but during this time of the year it is pretty much the only thing he watches.

His netflix queue is full of thrillers, chillers and creepy scary movies. I am a chicken so I don't watch them.

Do you or your family watch Halloween or scary movies? What are your favorites?

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I love scary movies.  The Shining is one of my all time favorites.  My 12 yo son and I will probably go see Carrie soon.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I love them, dh does not so I don't get to watch as many as I would like. DS 12 and I are going to the movies alone Saturday night, so I may take Cocoroos suggestion and we will go see Carrie.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I enjoy a good thriller but not so much the scary, blood and gore flicks. I do want to see the Purge though and I think it's available on Directv. The trailer looks creepy enough but you know how that goes. I might be disappointed by it like I was with Mama. I want to see Insidious 2 also.

cocoroo
by Coco on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:18 PM

My 15 yo dd said The Purge sucked, but she can't always be trusted.

Quoting Anonymous:

I enjoy a good thriller but not so much the scary, blood and gore flicks. I do want to see the Purge though and I think it's available on Directv. The trailer looks creepy enough but you know how that goes. I might be disappointed by it like I was with Mama. I want to see Insidious 2 also.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I have to say I'm not surprised. I guess I'll check out more reviews before ordering. I can't believe I haven't done so already. Thanks! =)

Quoting cocoroo:

My 15 yo dd said The Purge sucked, but she can't always be trusted.

Quoting Anonymous:

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:14 PM
I like scary paranormal movies or psychological thrillers. I won't watch gory stuff, though.
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I can't stand scary movies.  I wish the commercials would be banned from tv, lol.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:28 AM

Me too!  LOL!

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I can't stand scary movies.  I wish the commercials would be banned from tv, lol.

Katkinson
by Kristin on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:33 AM

we watch kid friendly ones. . . like deadtime stories, goosebumps, monster house, hocus pocus, Paranorman, etc. 

I watch american horror story and walking dead when everyone is sleeping. 

My kids also like the scifi ghost shows

HarrisonMD
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 7:34 AM

We both love scary movies and since it's that time of the year, we've been trying to sit down after the kids go to sleep and watch one, but we get so tired, we're passing out! lol I used to on Halloween, before kids, have all my scary movies playing while I was giving out candy...was lots of fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)