Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

deployment...

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:53 AM
  • 19 Replies
Hubby got a call yesterday saying he needs to complete a deployment health risk survey thing. He said he normally doesn't have to do this unless he is going on deployment.... blahhhhh

His reserve unit has had info for an early 2014 deployment. This should be interesting. 4 kids and me by myself. One of those kids being about 3-4 months old... I can do this...we have been through 2 deployments before so why am I freaking out now?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Hugs!!! Don't freak out until you get something more definitive. You know how the military can be! I hope he doesn't have to deploy soon.
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I know. I shouldn't even wory until he is on that plane taking off.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Hugs!!! Don't freak out until you get something more definitive. You know how the military can be! I hope he doesn't have to deploy soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katkinson
by Kristin on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:23 AM

You're fine!  The more you go through the easier it gets.  DH will be coming home to a newborn he's never met this go-round!  Stay strong!

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:32 PM
His last deployment was from 2010-2011 and we had a 3 month old at the time when he left so he pretty much came back to a kid that didn't know him :/ dh is afraid the kids wont remember him even though I make sure to always talk about daddy when he is gone.

Quoting Katkinson:

You're fine!  The more you go through the easier it gets.  DH will be coming home to a newborn he's never met this go-round!  Stay strong!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katkinson
by Kristin on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM

:(  I think all guys think that. . .my dh was bummed he missed the entire pregnancy ( besides the very beginning).  Luckily my DH will be home shortly after baby is born, and this SHOULD be his last long deployment of his military career.  Maybe that's why it doesnt' bother me as much.  There's an end in sight!

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

His last deployment was from 2010-2011 and we had a 3 month old at the time when he left so he pretty much came back to a kid that didn't know him :/ dh is afraid the kids wont remember him even though I make sure to always talk about daddy when he is gone.

Quoting Katkinson:

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I guess my biggest frustration is that he says he will drop everything right now to go on deployment then says things like that about being afraid the kids will not know him. I keep reassuring him that they will. We have a daddy doll and we send care packages and goodies all the time when he is deployed. We talk about daddy and how he is working. And he knows I do this stuff so I'm not sure how to get him to stop worrying..which is making me worry. More than I did with the other 2 deployments.

Quoting Katkinson:

:(  I think all guys think that. . .my dh was bummed he missed the entire pregnancy ( besides the very beginning).  Luckily my DH will be home shortly after baby is born, and this SHOULD be his last long deployment of his military career.  Maybe that's why it doesnt' bother me as much.  There's an end in sight!

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Quoting Katkinson:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2xEK
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I know how you're feeling. We have a possible deployment hanging in the air. *hugs*
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:16 PM
You know, I think i'd feel better if I just knew if they were going or not.. not this 'you might be going' stuff :/

Quoting mommy2xEK:

I know how you're feeling. We have a possible deployment hanging in the air. *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2xEK
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Yes! Thats how I feel. Last year they did the same thing with saying maybe or maybe not. Then they gave us a weeks notice before they left. Its just hard to get my kids ready for it when we dont know.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

You know, I think i'd feel better if I just knew if they were going or not.. not this 'you might be going' stuff :/

Quoting mommy2xEK:

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM
It makes it hard to plan anything too. We would love to go to my dh's sisters high school graduation in the spring but if he is gone that will not be happening since they live in Indiana and us in Virginia.. I'm not drivinh or flying witb 4kids by myself unless it is a life or death matter..

Quoting mommy2xEK:

Yes! Thats how I feel. Last year they did the same thing with saying maybe or maybe not. Then they gave us a weeks notice before they left. Its just hard to get my kids ready for it when we dont know.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Quoting mommy2xEK:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)