Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son is unhappy at his new advanced training assignment.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

After talking with my son, I am so upset!  He just got out of basic and is now at advanced training.  He hates it.  Is this common?  Has anyone else experienced this?  Does it get better?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepy_in_va
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:28 PM
When my husband went to his trainings after bootcamp he never complained to me about hating it. He talked about not liking a few people but never said he hatec the training.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:59 PM

What does he hate about it?

lizzielouaf
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:12 PM

After my son adjusted to not being at basic and being at tech school, he really liked it. Once he got to Vandenberg he said it took him a little bit to get used to not being yelled at and told what to do all the time. He didn't hate his tech school at all though so I don't know. Your son probably just needs a little adjustment period. 

cocoroo
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:29 AM
7 moms liked this

He needs to man up.  It isn't summer camp.  My son didn't enjoy basic or tech school, but it didn't upset me.  I knew he would make it through.  

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:30 AM

This is the hard truth.  Everyone has adjustments and transitions to make when they start a new job or school.  It isn't high school where you can drop a class or change a teacher.  Life is always going to send him challenges and he needs to accept that and make the best of it.

Quoting cocoroo:

He needs to man up.  It isn't summer camp.  My son didn't enjoy basic or tech school, but it didn't upset me.  I knew he would make it through.  

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:38 AM

He will get through.  The military isn't always the most fun thing.  Good luck to him.

imandia4
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Is it the schooling itself or the strictness?

adrianna1043
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I could never imagine being upset over something like this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM
It all sucks! It as in all the training to get in..
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:36 AM

He may hate his first duty station too. *shrugs* It's life. It's only for a short time, he'll get through it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)