Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

So sick of this!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I am sooo sick of seeing people smoke with their children in their vehicle. Today at store I saw a car pull in. Man was smoking with window down. Lady pulls out the infant car seat with newborn baby in it. That ticks me off so much. Let's place these irresponsible parents filled in a room full of tear gas and see how they like it.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I shall agree with you, then run and hide.  :)

army_wife124
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Poor kids. I had a neighbor once who smoked all through her pregnancy and her baby was born healthy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:08 PM
That's my neighbor. Smoked through pregnancy and breastfeeding. Now I think she thinks it's ok because her baby stays inside while she smokes. Hello! The smell is still on her and clothes.

Quoting army_wife124:

Poor kids. I had a neighbor once who smoked all through her pregnancy and her baby was born healthy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:10 PM
AND she told me that she only used organic detergent on his clothes and all this other organic stuff. Hmm all that must cancel out the smoking...

Quoting Anonymous:

That's my neighbor. Smoked through pregnancy and breastfeeding. Now I think she thinks it's ok because her baby stays inside while she smokes. Hello! The smell is still on her and clothes.

Quoting army_wife124:

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:12 PM
3 moms liked this
Hang on ... let me make popcorn before the smoker bashing begins.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Personally, I don't care what other people do with their children provided it doesn't affect my child.  Their kids, their business.   

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:07 PM
I agree. As long as I don't see you beating your kid(s) I don't even bother.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Personally, I don't care what other people do with their children provided it doesn't affect my child.  Their kids, their business.   

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 5:42 AM

I grew up with a man who smoked no filter Camels.  I survived and am relatively normal.  I might not agree with it, but I try and stay out of little things.  The only thing that will stop me in my tracks is seeing a parent beat a child. 

sahmw2010
by Beth on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:05 AM

eh, I wont comment on that one. the one that pisses me off is what my SIL would do back at Polk. we would go shopping mid summer, come out, she loads the kids in a HOT van, bukles them up, closes the doors. windows are also up, and then lights up... cant u at least turn the van on and get the AC running first ?! I would steal her keys and start it for them, but she ALWAYS did it, so if I wasnt with them, they are sitting in the hot van in the dead Louisiana heat

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:16 AM

My fil "borrowed" our vehicle once, it came back permeated with cigarette smoke.  The vehicle I drive my kids around in.  I was furious.  Neither one of us smoke, and the car was smoke free before this.  Once you smoke in a car, it always smells like that.  I was so angry. 

Oh, did I mention he took the car that day without even asking?  I wish I would have woken up, because we would have called the cops, and his stupid ass would have been arrested.  At the time we had just purchased it, and it was my absolute favorite car of all time ( still is) a Toyota FJ cruiser. 

Sucks when you have to lock everything up not because of strangers, but because of family. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)