Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Share Your Best Healthcare Stories!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 37 Replies

Now that we've shared some of the worst, what are your positive stories of care you've received at an MTF or through Tricare?  Anyone receive some outstanding care?

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM

My youngest son wouldn't be alive today if it weren't for the drs who performed surgery in my second trimester to save his life!  I'm very thankful for the team that treated us at the Naval hopsital!!

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:34 PM

when I came home from Ireland with swine Flu- my PCM was caring, compassionate and thorough.

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Glad they were caring!  How long did it take you to recover?

Quoting gunsgirl:

when I came home from Ireland with swine Flu- my PCM was caring, compassionate and thorough.

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Most of all the care I've received OFF post has been great. I've yet to get care on post that was much above substandard. 

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I came home with the flu and after the secondary infection of walking pnuemonia - it took over 6 weeks to fully  recover.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting gunsgirl:

cocoroo
by Coco on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Last summer, my oldest dd was 14 and very sick.  I called Madigan to make an appt and they couldn't get her in.  They sent me to urgent care on Monday.  The dr there told me it wasn't anything and gave her an antibiotic, which she didn't take. Two days later she was still really sick, so I called again and they had no appts.  I took her to the ER.  This dr told me she just had a virus and she should be better soon.  Friday, she was still sick.  Again, no appts at Madigan.  I left a message for the nurse.  She got back to me and told me that there was a provider willing to stay late to see my daughter.  We got there right before they locked the clinic doors.  It was a female Capt that we had never seen before.  After listening to the symptoms, she said she thought it was mono and sent us to the lab.  She stayed to wait for the results.  It was the first time in my dh's career that I felt like a military dr cared.  BTW, she did have mono and was so sick from it.  

I no longer have to go to Madigan because they opened a clinic in Oly.  I love my provider.  He looks like a mad scientist and is a little off, but he cares.  He took me as a walk in right before lunch a month ago.  His nurse wasn't happy. 

krys1025
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I had a great birthing experience at Portsmouth Naval. My little one was having trouble with his latch breastfeeding and although the LC there sucked, the nurses were awesome in assisting me to correct his latch.
krys1025
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:38 PM
I also absolutely love my sons pediatrician at portsmouth naval!!! She is so personable and seems to genuinely care. Most drs forget who their patients are because they have so many but she's great!
SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Bummer about the on post care but awesome that your off post care has been great!

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Most of all the care I've received OFF post has been great. I've yet to get care on post that was much above substandard. 

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Oh wow, that sounds rough :(.

Quoting gunsgirl:

I came home with the flu and after the secondary infection of walking pnuemonia - it took over 6 weeks to fully  recover.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting gunsgirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)