Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

son getting ready for ASVAB test

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:06 PM
  • 13 Replies
Hi. My son is 18 and we just talked to recruiters. He is so excited about joining the army and is studying hard for the test. I am so proud yet so scared at the same time. Would love to talk to someone going through this stage. My emotions are all over the place. Beth
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Welcome to the group! Good luck to you and your son. Does he have an idea of what job he wants to do in the Army?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
504bbymami
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Congrats to him! Have y'all looked into other branches besides the army? Is there any particular reason he is choosing that branch? Not that there's anything wrong with it AT ALL, but you guys should check out all his options first. :)

I highly recommend he get the asvab study book. Since he's fresh out of high school, it will still be fresh in his mind. IMO, this is the best time to study for and take the asvab.

There are a couple places online where you can take practice asvab for free. It's a great tool and I highly recommend it. It's great to see where he's at and what he needs to work on. There is one on military.com . I believe there is another one on a website called petersons.com or something like that and then another called "practice asvab".

The better he does on his asvab, the better and more options he will have for his career choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Welcome to the group.  Good luck to him on his test!

cocoroo
by Coco on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Welcome to the group.  My son joined the AirForce almost a year ago.  He took the ASVAB before he graduated.  He didn't study at all and got a 92 or 93.  I would have your son look into all the branches just to have options.  My son is stationed in Germany.

JTROX
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM

All HS students take the asvab here.

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:10 AM

What she said!  :)

Quoting 504bbymami:

Congrats to him! Have y'all looked into other branches besides the army? Is there any particular reason he is choosing that branch? Not that there's anything wrong with it AT ALL, but you guys should check out all his options first. :)

I highly recommend he get the asvab study book. Since he's fresh out of high school, it will still be fresh in his mind. IMO, this is the best time to study for and take the asvab.

There are a couple places online where you can take practice asvab for free. It's a great tool and I highly recommend it. It's great to see where he's at and what he needs to work on. There is one on military.com . I believe there is another one on a website called petersons.com or something like that and then another called "practice asvab".

The better he does on his asvab, the better and more options he will have for his career choice.

cocoroo
by Coco on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:21 PM
They have the option to everywhere I have lived, it was never an everyone thing.

Quoting JTROX:

JTROX
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I think it is the junior class that takes it here. 

Quoting cocoroo:

They have the option to everywhere I have lived, it was never an everyone thing.

Quoting JTROX:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:25 PM

He'll be great, I was in your shoes, our son is a Marine now. Stay strong momma 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Quoting 504bbymami:

Good respond!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)