Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stolen bikes everywhere!

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:40 AM
  • 4 Replies

Here at Ft Campbell, trick or treating was on the first because it was raining pretty heavily on the 31st. I got off of work a little late and was rushing to get home, get dd fed and get her in her costume so that she could go TOTing. At about 6:20, we finally made our way out of the door. I decided to stay in our own neighborhood since kids were already out and out and about.

I hadn't even thought of it but DD's bike was out in the front, like right in front of the front door. Of course, we were out so my porch light was off. We left, did the TOT thing, came back for half of a second because I don't drive around when trick or treating. We came home, got in the car and left. Didn't come back until about 1 a.m. Yesterday, I'm in my room and my daughter comes in the house all sad asking where her bike was. I told her that I didn't know, it was supposed to be outside in the front. She told me that it wasn't there so I looked out the window and sure enough, the freaking bike is gone. I went outside to look around just to see if someone had moved but, went around the back and nope. The bike was gone. We drove around the village that we live in and looked but never saw it. I started to go to another village but said no because I didn't want to waste gas looking for it when chances of seeing it were slim to none. I was sooo freaking pissed! Who the hell steals a bike from right in front of somebody's house? I went to the PX to look for her a new one and some MPs were already there because someone's car had gotten hit. I asked them if I happened to come across the bike, was there anything that I could do and they said yeah. They also said that a lot of people had reported stolen bikes on Halloween night but there's not much that you can do because you have NO clue who took it. That's freaking sad as crap. Who steals from a kid? This wasn't a 10-speed, it was a 12 in bike, clearly made for a little girl.

Anyway, we went to Walmart and DD went through a few bikes but she finally settled on a Hello Kitty one that she liked. It's actually better than the bike that she had at first. It's really cute, too. So whoever the shitfaced bastard was that stole from my kid, I hope their kid is happy with a bike with rusted nuts, a broken basket and a front tire that's kind of off track. Since they clearly couldn't afford a bike of their own, I hope that their kid is happy with a 2 year old second hand one because my kiddo is happy with the brand new one that she got yesterday. The bitches.

**I don't feel like proofreading

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM

We have a lot of bikes stolen from our neighboorhood, right off front porches and front yards.  Luckily, it crossed my mind to bring inside both the stroller and DD's scooter that I usually keep on the front porch before we left for the evening.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:44 PM

That is sad...especially since you live on base.  You would think military families would have more integrity than that.  Glad she got a new awesome bike though!

DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:01 PM
We hear if bikes being stolen here as well. Not on our base, but the other services.because a lot of their housing is more in the residential area vs. being on the actual base.
SRL_45
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:54 AM

I also live on base on Fort Campbell and I hear of thefts all the time on base! People braking into garages and cars mostly we never leave anything outside! its inside or in the shed.... Sorry to hear that! I am glad your DD has a new awesome bike!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)