Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Labor and moving question....

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:22 PM
  • 13 Replies

Has anyone ever moved in the very last few weeks of their pregnancy. If so did you attempt to find another OB or just go to the hospital when you went into labor.

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I haven't moved but I have changed providers in the last few weeks. Just call around and ask if they are accepting new clients. Hope everything works out!
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:00 PM
I have not. Hope you find someone. I would at least have a copy of your medical record to take with you so if you do have to go in without a doctor they can read your record to make sure they get to know how your pregnancy went.

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I've never done that but good luck!

jtsmommie0104
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Thanks ladies!
Clh1989
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Get your medical records in hand and have them with you while youre moving. I called around to a few OBs and explained the situation. One of them agreed to let me in and take over care when I arrived. 

penneylane
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:41 AM

before i moved i found a new civillian ob (through a facebook page of the future post) and my current pcm referred me to them directly. within days of arriving to the new post i was signed up for that tricare region and i was seen by the ob. at the end of all my pregnancies  i was always seen weekly if not more.

meandmyboys124
by Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:01 AM
we moved when I was 34 weeks. I called ob offices ahead of time and asked if they had any openings and was able to forward my medical records to them.
JMmama
by Kara on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM
I arrived at our new duty station at 34 weeks pregnant. I found another provider to finish out my care.
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:37 PM
No. Are you leaving?
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

We PCSed when I was 36 weeks with the boy. I called ahead to an OB and explained the situation and he was more than happy to take me on.... BUT Because I had to change networks Tricare west to Tricare South I was forced to find a PCM to refer me to the OB ( Stupid right? ) When I showed up at the PCM she was hilarious. Her diagnosis was "swallowed a whole watermelon or pregnant." Tricare even required that I have a positive pregnancy test.... ( again stupid right? ) but it went rather smoothly. BUT I did call ahead and did get in contact with Tricare about the move weeks in advance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN