Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Unit disbandment?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
DHs brigade is being disbanded, but I have no idea what to expect? Anybody been though this??
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:22 PM

We have, but it happened just as my DH was getting out of active duty.  All the member's were slowly phased out and sent to new jobs, most within the same general area so that there was no move involved.  Since my husband was about to be discharged, they kept him on the longest as one of the last guys to close out the work...and then the civilian contractors that took over hiered him to transition them into the job.  It worked out prefectly.

Reina13
by Reina on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:47 PM

When it happened to my ex, he was given the option to reclass ( don't ask me how but it was in 1995ish) which he did. He had to attend AIT and then was sent to a new duty station.

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:12 PM
My husband has not been through this so I don't have much to tell you other than good luck and I hope things go smoothly for you alll.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I don't know how it works in other branches but I would assume they would find another place to put him.  If not where you are then he would get orders somewhere else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:26 PM
He's got reclass orders for July just wondering what they'll do with home till then
kadensmomma0708
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:27 PM

My husbands unit is going to be doing this when they come back from deployment, but my husband already has orders to go to CO.  He should get orders to go elsewhere.

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:31 PM
No help but here's a bump.
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM

We've been though it twice. They simply move you to an available unit. They tried to move everyone with in the same base, and asked for volunteers to PCS if there was no more availability.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:38 AM

No idea mama but good luck!

sahmw2010
by Beth on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM
My brothers unit disbanded, he just got put into another unit there at Polk. My husbands old unit disbanded after he left, and everyone was sent to a new post
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)