Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Would you wear a ball dress 2 years in a row?

Posted by   + Show Post

DHs ball is next weekend. I am going shopping tonight (last minute I know) and hope to find something. I do have the dress I wore last year as a back up but you know, I really don't want to do that. So would you wear it if you had to?

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Replies (11-20):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Quoting DvlDogWfe:

If you have the chance to head to San Diego, there is a dress shop called "Night on the Town". I bought two dresses from there, very nice dresses and nicely priced as well. If wearing the same dress was my only option, I would do it.

Hmm thanks. I have no time for San Diego BUT we are going to my sisters this week in 29 Palms so I fgure if I don't find anything tonight I may stop in Palm Springs and take a look around there.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM

yeah

Katkinson
by Kristin on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:51 PM

yes. .. who the heck is going to notice besides you and your spouse?

Katkinson
by Kristin on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Now that I've seen it, I'd def. wear it again.  It's simple and black.  even in pics it won't be obvious you're wearing the same dress. 

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Oh forgot to add that I hope you find a dress! Good luck! Show us a picture of it please!?

I sure will! This is the picture of the dress I have now that I would wear again if I don't find something in 8 days lol

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I'm jealous of you all that have husbands that will go to these kinds of things. :-(

fourlittlebees
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I probably would.  Why not.  Your husband will be wearing a repeat outfit. LOL  You can just change it up a little with your hair & accessories to make the pictures look different.   We haven't been to a ball since 2009 but I borrowed one from a friend of mine.  It was so pretty  wish I could have kept it and worn it again.  lol

twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:00 AM

I'm in that same boat as you. My husband doesn't like to go to them either.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I'm jealous of you all that have husbands that will go to these kinds of things. :-(

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:54 AM

It's a really pretty dress :)

Just accessorize it differently if you feel like people might notice.  I saw the dress and immediately thought about accessorizing it with pearls; it would change the entire look.  Depending on how low the back is cut, you could also add a bolero to change the look, too.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:47 AM

You are beautiful!!!  Love the dress:)

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Oh forgot to add that I hope you find a dress! Good luck! Show us a picture of it please!?

I sure will! This is the picture of the dress I have now that I would wear again if I don't find something in 8 days lol

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Good point!  LOL!

Quoting fourlittlebees:

I probably would.  Why not.  Your husband will be wearing a repeat outfit. LOL  You can just change it up a little with your hair & accessories to make the pictures look different.   We haven't been to a ball since 2009 but I borrowed one from a friend of mine.  It was so pretty  wish I could have kept it and worn it again.  lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)