Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Would you wear a ball dress 2 years in a row?

Posted by   + Show Post

DHs ball is next weekend. I am going shopping tonight (last minute I know) and hope to find something. I do have the dress I wore last year as a back up but you know, I really don't want to do that. So would you wear it if you had to?

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Replies (21-30):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:48 AM

I would definitely wear it again!

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks : ) I DID find a dress last night, woohoo! I was trying to find a different color other than black, but alas, the dress its black. Oh well. Will post pics when I have it on.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

You are beautiful!!!  Love the dress:)

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

sahmw2010
by Beth on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Yup. I love my ball dress!
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM
2 moms liked this
Are you for real? My husband just told me about some upcoming holiday events. I'm contemplating a pretend illness.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I'm jealous of you all that have husbands that will go to these kinds of things. :-(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Q-tsmom
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:32 AM

what? these are optional? my hubby is an officer, and maybe that is why- but I was always under the impression it was "mandatory fun" and I didn't have an option!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I'm jealous of you all that have husbands that will go to these kinds of things. :-(

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I have leftover prom issues from high school. :-( I never had a date. But, that is a story for another time.

I would love an excuse, just once, to put on a pretty dress and make myself look beautiful. Twice in 20 years I've gone to formal events, and both times I was bridesmaid. :-( 

Plus, I love to watch a train wreck, and a lot of the other wives are absolute train wrecks. Train wreck + wine+ fabulous dress = my kind of fun.

Quoting adrianna1043:

Are you for real? My husband just told me about some upcoming holiday events. I'm contemplating a pretend illness.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Sure, I would.
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe, if it was two different commands.  Though really, that is just silly, because I can guarantee I do not remember the gowns everyone wore to last year's Christmas party.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:04 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL!  My husband's command is having their holiday party in December...he already told them no without asking me.  That is true love.

Quoting adrianna1043:

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Um...no.  You don't have to go.  We rarely go to these kinds of functions.  It has absolutely nothing to do with rank by the way.  

Quoting Q-tsmom:

what? these are optional? my hubby is an officer, and maybe that is why- but I was always under the impression it was "mandatory fun" and I didn't have an option!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)