Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Would you wear a ball dress 2 years in a row?

Posted by   + Show Post

DHs ball is next weekend. I am going shopping tonight (last minute I know) and hope to find something. I do have the dress I wore last year as a back up but you know, I really don't want to do that. So would you wear it if you had to?

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Replies (31-40):
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Yes absolutely. In fact, had DH's unit had a ball this year I would have worn my same dress from last year. 

Okie-chick
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Yes I would. I just found mine yesterday. And on sale! Ours is December 6th though
Okie-chick
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:52 AM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

BubbyAndShmee
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:52 AM
We're currently pretty snug, however, my dress is not. So for the low, low price of $26 I got last years ballgown taken in, (threw on a few things to make it different) and I'm wearing it again this year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:56 AM
1 mom liked this
PS: are we all talking about the USMC birthday ball here? Because that is absolutely mandatory for your husband, unless there is something weird with his command. He doesn't have to be there for cocktail hour or dinner or even dancing, but he has to be there for the ceremony.
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:31 AM

nope.

OliviaW.
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Unless I couldn't wear it anymore yes I would.
LitNut
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:34 AM

I would because the only thing I hate more than dresses is shopping for dresses, haha. Heaven help DH if he ever tries to get me into one of those balls. Not my thing. 

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:45 AM
It is usually mandatory for field grade officers and "highly recommended" for senior ncos. I never go to the balls. I always make up some excuse.

Quoting Q-tsmom:

what? these are optional? my hubby is an officer, and maybe that is why- but I was always under the impression it was "mandatory fun" and I didn't have an option!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I'm jealous of you all that have husbands that will go to these kinds of things. :-(

Q-tsmom
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I "confronted" DH last night- (on our way to the ball) about what  you guys said.  I guess he has a slightly different situation.  He is the Flight surgeon for the Marine squadron we are attached to- the only medical officer.  And therefore- highly visible in his Navy uniform-present or absent.   Plus if something were to happen to someone there and he weren't there. . .well lets just say it wouldn't go well on his reviews.  I don't really mind.  We love to dance.  But we are fairly conservative people- we don't drink and I dress modestly- so I just feel out of place sometimes surrounded by the very drunk, and the various states of undress.

Quoting mrsary:

It is usually mandatory for field grade officers and "highly recommended" for senior ncos. I never go to the balls. I always make up some excuse.

Quoting Q-tsmom:

what? these are optional? my hubby is an officer, and maybe that is why- but I was always under the impression it was "mandatory fun" and I didn't have an option!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I'm jealous of you all that have husbands that will go to these kinds of things. :-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)