Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Would you wear a ball dress 2 years in a row?

Posted by   + Show Post

DHs ball is next weekend. I am going shopping tonight (last minute I know) and hope to find something. I do have the dress I wore last year as a back up but you know, I really don't want to do that. So would you wear it if you had to?

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Replies (41-50):
LadyVoldemort
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM

that's the same dress i wore to prom! not the exact same dress but i have one just like it lol

needless to say i love it

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Oh forgot to add that I hope you find a dress! Good luck! Show us a picture of it please!?

I sure will! This is the picture of the dress I have now that I would wear again if I don't find something in 8 days lol

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:40 AM
The Marines are totally diferent than Army anyway! Lol.

Quoting Q-tsmom:

I "confronted" DH last night- (on our way to the ball) about what  you guys said.  I guess he has a slightly different situation.  He is the Flight surgeon for the Marine squadron we are attached to- the only medical officer.  And therefore- highly visible in his Navy uniform-present or absent.   Plus if something were to happen to someone there and he weren't there. . .well lets just say it wouldn't go well on his reviews.  I don't really mind.  We love to dance.  But we are fairly conservative people- we don't drink and I dress modestly- so I just feel out of place sometimes surrounded by the very drunk, and the various states of undress.

Quoting mrsary:

It is usually mandatory for field grade officers and "highly recommended" for senior ncos. I never go to the balls. I always make up some excuse.

Quoting Q-tsmom:

what? these are optional? my hubby is an officer, and maybe that is why- but I was always under the impression it was "mandatory fun" and I didn't have an option!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I'm jealous of you all that have husbands that will go to these kinds of things. :-(

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

PS: are we all talking about the USMC birthday ball here? Because that is absolutely mandatory for your husband, unless there is something weird with his command. He doesn't have to be there for cocktail hour or dinner or even dancing, but he has to be there for the ceremony.

I didn't say anything about us not going? And there have been times it was mandatory, and time that is wasn't. It is not mandatory for him this time, but it sure wouldn't look good if he wasn't there given his job at the moment.

CortezDeCrock
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Definitely, If I were going to a ball at a different post. The dress I wore this year was very distinctive so I would be really worried about someone remembering. Especially the stuck up wives that have nothing better to do but remember what I wore!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:36 PM
That was general information, dear. There was more people than just you questioning the 'requirement' to attend.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting Anonymous:

PS: are we all talking about the USMC birthday ball here? Because that is absolutely mandatory for your husband, unless there is something weird with his command. He doesn't have to be there for cocktail hour or dinner or even dancing, but he has to be there for the ceremony.

I didn't say anything about us not going? And there have been times it was mandatory, and time that is wasn't. It is not mandatory for him this time, but it sure wouldn't look good if he wasn't there given his job at the moment.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I never ONCE questioned the requirement to attend. Not sure where you got that from. Others did, but not me.

Quoting Anonymous:

That was general information, dear. There was more people than just you questioning the 'requirement' to attend.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting Anonymous:

cocoroo
by Coco on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Condescending much, dear?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:47 AM
I should have clarified. There were people that were NOT YOU who were asking. Better?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I never ONCE questioned the requirement to attend. Not sure where you got that from. Others did, but not me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this
No, not especially. You should SEE some of the condescension and sanctimony I see in this group...

Quoting cocoroo:

Condescending much, dear?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting Anonymous:

JulietAngel89
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:38 AM

I am the kind to have one dress that gets worn over and over again. I doubt anyone would remember that you wore it last year. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN