Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

with the marine corps birthday just around the corner...

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM
  • 25 Replies
I want to see some pictures of you all dressed up for ball or any special ceremony.. I love seeing everyone all dressed up fot these kinds of things.. maybe its because I've never gotten to actually go to ball so I like to live my dream.of going through seeing others all dressed up ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I bought this dress last year for last years ball and then didn't go. So now I have a $170 dress just sitting in my closet and it is too big now. I tried it on again the other day and it needs taken in up top.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Oh girl, and I am NOT saying this to be snarky or mean, I promise you I'm not. These are the kinds of things I just feel like people need to be honest about. You need a MUCH better bra for that dress. I know this is just in the store to try it on, but I really hope you have a great bra to wear with this. 

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I bought this dress last year for last years ball and then didn't go. So now I have a $170 dress just sitting in my closet and it is too big now. I tried it on again the other day and it needs taken in up top.

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I agree. I had a crappy strapless bra on that day that just kept falling down. I was going to purchase a better supportive bra/corset that sucked my tummy in and boosted up the girls. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marinewifey85
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I don't get to go this year either, and I have this gorgeous chocoalte brown dress that fits like a glove. I'm so sad lol!

photo EtsyBanner1_zpsb2a6478e.jpgChic wall decals for your home, cars, and much more!
www.etsy.com/shop/fourpeasinapodvinyl
www.facebook.com/fourpeasinapod
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:52 PM

My husbands ball was tonight... Didn't go.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Ours was Wednesday, but I no longer feel comfortable posting pictures of my family on here.

gertrude_shea
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:28 AM
This may sound like a stupid question...but at the risk of looking stupid im going to ask...are retired service members welcomed? My DH is retired and was when we got together but i have always wanted to go to one of these balls since hearing him talk about them
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:26 AM
:(

Quoting usmclife58:

Ours was Wednesday, but I no longer feel comfortable posting pictures of my family on here.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:28 AM
I believe you can still go.. I'm sure if you asked your husband he woukd know. I woukd ask mine for you but he's at work.

Quoting gertrude_shea:

This may sound like a stupid question...but at the risk of looking stupid im going to ask...are retired service members welcomed? My DH is retired and was when we got together but i have always wanted to go to one of these balls since hearing him talk about them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:42 AM

I don't see why not.  Good question though.

Quoting gertrude_shea:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN