Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

with the marine corps birthday just around the corner...

Posted by   + Show Post
I want to see some pictures of you all dressed up for ball or any special ceremony.. I love seeing everyone all dressed up fot these kinds of things.. maybe its because I've never gotten to actually go to ball so I like to live my dream.of going through seeing others all dressed up ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:42 AM

Pretty dress!  

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I bought this dress last year for last years ball and then didn't go. So now I have a $170 dress just sitting in my closet and it is too big now. I tried it on again the other day and it needs taken in up top.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband and I at the Khaki ball back in 2010...that was the last "formal" event we went to.  We don't do the babysitter thing, so we never go to any of these events.  The only reason we went to the Khaki ball that year is because my husband made Chief then, and his parents were in town for the pinning ceremony.  We had a great time.

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Thanks! I hate that it is just sitting in my closet... oh well

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Pretty dress!  

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I bought this dress last year for last years ball and then didn't go. So now I have a $170 dress just sitting in my closet and it is too big now. I tried it on again the other day and it needs taken in up top.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Very nice! We can never find a sitter even for a date night most of the time so we don't gdt to go out often either.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

My husband and I at the Khaki ball back in 2010...that was the last "formal" event we went to.  We don't do the babysitter thing, so we never go to any of these events.  The only reason we went to the Khaki ball that year is because my husband made Chief then, and his parents were in town for the pinning ceremony.  We had a great time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, they are welcome to go. In fact anyone is welcome if they have been invited. We have brought my mom one year and I have had friends that brought their family as well. As long as the tickets are bought, they are welcome. If you don't know anyone in your area, maybe go to your local recruiting station or even the VFW or American Legion and ask about it there.

Quoting gertrude_shea:

This may sound like a stupid question...but at the risk of looking stupid im going to ask...are retired service members welcomed? My DH is retired and was when we got together but i have always wanted to go to one of these balls since hearing him talk about them

usmclife58
by Nikki on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Is he actually "retired" or just out of service? Either way, he would have to be "sponsored" by an AD Marine. You can't just buy tickets and go.

Quoting gertrude_shea:

This may sound like a stupid question...but at the risk of looking stupid im going to ask...are retired service members welcomed? My DH is retired and was when we got together but i have always wanted to go to one of these balls since hearing him talk about them

Photobucket

gertrude_shea
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:37 AM
He is actually "retired"...and what do you mean by sponsered?

Quoting usmclife58:

Is he actually "retired" or just out of service? Either way, he would have to be "sponsored" by an AD Marine. You can't just buy tickets and go.

Quoting gertrude_shea:

Apollos82
by Cassie on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:43 AM

You can still go. We are going next year with a group of retired Marines we met on a group on facebook. (USMC Vets --spouses are welcome). Just have to make sure his blues are up to date and within regs. This is the dress I'm getting. Just have to make sure my arms don't look like bat wings when I wear it. lol

ETA: I forgot, you do have to be sponsored. 

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Long-One-Shoulder-Glitter-Mesh-Dress-55388D_Special-Occasions-Features-Military-Ball-Gowns

Quoting gertrude_shea:

gertrude_shea
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:57 AM
How do you go about getting sponsered?

Quoting Apollos82:

You can still go. We are going next year with a group of retired Marines we met on a group on facebook. (USMC Vets --spouses are welcome). Just have to make sure his blues are up to date and within regs. This is the dress I'm getting. Just have to make sure my arms don't look like bat wings when I wear it. lol

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Long-One-Shoulder-Glitter-Mesh-Dress-55388D_Special-Occasions-Features-Military-Ball-Gowns

Quoting gertrude_shea:

Apollos82
by Cassie on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:00 AM

No idea. I forgot until I saw USMCwife mention it. I'll ask one of the AD guys I know. 

ETA: You have to get tickets, according to my friends. The base website would have that info. 

Quoting gertrude_shea:

How do you go about getting sponsered?

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting gertrude_shea:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)