Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

with the marine corps birthday just around the corner...

Posted by   + Show Post
I want to see some pictures of you all dressed up for ball or any special ceremony.. I love seeing everyone all dressed up fot these kinds of things.. maybe its because I've never gotten to actually go to ball so I like to live my dream.of going through seeing others all dressed up ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Replies (21-25):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:14 AM

You have to be a guest of someone attending the Ball. My friend came with us this year, and she is listed as (My husband)'s guest. Her actions, had they been inappropriate, would have reflected badly on him. That is why they call it sponsoring. 

Quoting gertrude_shea:

He is actually "retired"...and what do you mean by sponsered?

Quoting usmclife58:

Is he actually "retired" or just out of service? Either way, he would have to be "sponsored" by an AD Marine. You can't just buy tickets and go.

Quoting gertrude_shea:

This may sound like a stupid question...but at the risk of looking stupid im going to ask...are retired service members welcomed? My DH is retired and was when we got together but i have always wanted to go to one of these balls since hearing him talk about them

Photobucket

307mama
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Mobile Photo

We went last year. Ours was Friday and we didn't go. Ours isn't so big and fancy being in a small town and all. Is love to go to one of the big fancy ones!
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Very nice!

Quoting 307mama:

Mobile Photo

We went last year. Ours was Friday and we didn't go. Ours isn't so big and fancy being in a small town and all. Is love to go to one of the big fancy ones!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemyairman150
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:24 PM
I LOVE the marine uniforms!!
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Me too! I've always thought they just looked the best dressed in their dres uniforms! And I'm not just saying that because my husband is a Marine.

Quoting lovemyairman150:

I LOVE the marine uniforms!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN