Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Tom Cruise's Latest Gaffe Should Enrage Soldiers

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:43 AM
  • 18 Replies

Tom Cruise's Latest Gaffe Should Enrage Soldiers

by Kiri Blakeley

Tom CruiseThe worst thing in the world Tom Cruise could have done is sue a publisher for saying he "abandoned" his daughter Suri after his divorce from Katie Holmes. While it's true that no father wants to be thought of as having abandoned his daughter, and Tom has a right to feel outraged, the reality is that that headline was long forgotten. It had faded into celebrity gossip ether. No one, except maybe Tom, remembered it.

But now Tom has been grilled by lawyers and forced to answer all kinds of questions about his parenting, and all of that new stuff is making the rounds, and it's not even gossip. It's coming straight from the Scientologist's mouth. And much of it hasn't been so flattering. Like the fact that Tom admits that one of the reasons Katie put forth for divorcing Tom was to get Suri out of Scientology. That was bad enough. Now comes this new tidbit: Tom says that filming movies is just like a soldier serving in Afghanistan! WHAT?

TMZ reports that in his deposition, Tom said that filming his last movie was a total CHORE. In fact, it was much like serving in the war. He reportedly said:

That's what it feels like [serving in Afghanistan]. And certainly on this last movie, it was brutal. It was brutal. There is difficult physical stamina and preparation. Sometimes I've spent months, a year, and sometimes two years preparing for a single film.

OMG, Tom, are you for real? While preparing for a movie might be physically taxing and involve long hours, it's not exactly serving in the trenches! You've got a luxurious trailer. There are people catering to your every need. You've got hair, makeup, wardrobe. You've got whatever kind of food your heart desires. You've got five-star hotels. Private jets. You've got people to rub your feet and neck and give you an "audit" if you need it. Plus, you get paid like a gazillion dollars for all that hard work!

And, most importantly, no one is trying to blow you to smithereens! Very doubtful you will come back from a movie set missing an eye or leg or suffering from PTSD.

Tom, the best thing you could do for yourself right now is stop this lawsuit and keep yer yap shut.

Do you think Tom was out of line or was it just a poor comparision to make?

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:51 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't pay any attention to what some narcissistic celebrity has to say.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM
It doesn't bother me. That is how he sees it.
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Wow...I'm sure my husband doesn't see serving over seas on a deployment as a chore...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:42 PM
3 moms liked this

I think we all know he is egotistical and slighly insane.

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:44 PM
2 moms liked this
He's a douche bag, I don't care what he thinks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine does.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Wow...I'm sure my husband doesn't see serving over seas on a deployment as a chore...

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know anyone who takes Tom Cruise seriously. 

Don't be glib...

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 5:49 PM

He's an ass

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Too bad we dont make what he makes!
lovemyairman150
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
OMG. What a delusional asshole.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN