Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Marine Corps Ball, and stuck up wives

Posted by   + Show Post
We went to the Ball yesterday, and at our table was a Ssgt and his wife. They didn't acknowledge anyone besides another Ssgt and Gunny. They completely ignored the Sgt's (and their wives) at the table. My husband is a Sgt so he was ignored by them. They didn't even say hi, or make eye contact, never relied to anything, nothing. Like they didn't want to associate with anyone lower ranked. Ugh! I've heard of some people acting this way, but I unfortunately got to actually experience such behavior. Oooh I wish I could have told them how I felt! Anyone else ever come across couples like this?!
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 6:56 AM

there are stuck up people everywhere. Did you extend pleasantries and try to get the conversation going ?

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:02 AM
3 moms liked this

Oh yeah...right to their heads because they have no accomplishments of their own.  Plz note, this is sarcasm. 

If someone doesn't respond to you, move on.  There are times when other people say things that I don't understand or relate to... and so I maybe give a smile or a siimple pleasantry.  It's got nothing to do with rank or the person and more to do with the conversation.  If we don't have a lot in common, I'm not going to have a whole lot to talk about with you.  It's not being "stuck up" it's just that we don't have a lot in common.  Life is going to be full of people that you don't relate to and you just learn to move on. 

Quoting dearestrachy:

I can see that happening. Never experienced it, but I can see how the title would go to their heads.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. Happens all the time. Especially with the officers wives!

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting dearestrachy:

I can see that happening. Never experienced it, but I can see how the title would go to their heads.

Quoting Anonymous:

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:12 AM
6 moms liked this

Really?  I'm thinking your preconceived notions are what's stuck up...

Quoting dearestrachy:

Quoting Anonymous:

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I think you are just hanging around the wrong types of people.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM
I hear and see it. I don't have time to hang with anyone. I am a single parent in the military!

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Quoting Anonymous:

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I've been to events where I didn't talk much to other people or other spouses... I am not super interested in making new friends most times... I probably would have only talked to people my husband knows. Call me rude and stuck up... Who cares... The night is about enjoying time with your marine and that is all. 

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:33 AM

If you see it hear it experience it... Then you are around it. Remove yourself if it bothers you. Just a thought.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hear and see it. I don't have time to hang with anyone. I am a single parent in the military!

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:41 AM
I am not about to argue with a military spouse. Whatever you think... ok.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:If you see it hear it experience it... Then you are around it. Remove yourself if it bothers you. Just a thought.Quoting Anonymous:I hear and see it. I don't have time to hang with anyone. I am a single parent in the military!

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:I think you are just hanging around the wrong types of people.Quoting Anonymous:Yes. Happens all the time. Especially with the officers wives!

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM
2 moms liked this

LMAO... At "argue with a military spouse." I am so much more than that one role I play in my life. So many assumptions... Take my free advice that you need to learn to walk away sometimes. Carry on lady.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not about to argue with a military spouse. Whatever you think... ok.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:If you see it hear it experience it... Then you are around it. Remove yourself if it bothers you. Just a thought.Quoting Anonymous:I hear and see it. I don't have time to hang with anyone. I am a single parent in the military!

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:I think you are just hanging around the wrong types of people.Quoting Anonymous:Yes. Happens all the time. Especially with the officers wives!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)