Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Marine Corps Ball, and stuck up wives

Posted by   + Show Post
We went to the Ball yesterday, and at our table was a Ssgt and his wife. They didn't acknowledge anyone besides another Ssgt and Gunny. They completely ignored the Sgt's (and their wives) at the table. My husband is a Sgt so he was ignored by them. They didn't even say hi, or make eye contact, never relied to anything, nothing. Like they didn't want to associate with anyone lower ranked. Ugh! I've heard of some people acting this way, but I unfortunately got to actually experience such behavior. Oooh I wish I could have told them how I felt! Anyone else ever come across couples like this?!
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Replies (31-40):
dearestrachy
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:17 PM
How is that? I said I've never experienced it, but I'm acknowledging that in any higher up position some people let the title go to their head. Have you never had a job where your boss was a jackass on a power trip simply just because they're boss? It happens.
Again, I've never experienced it, and I'm more than halfway through PLC to be an Officer, so I've been around a lot of upcoming ones. You act like I'm singling out one person. There's no need for your rude comment.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Really?  I'm thinking your preconceived notions are what's stuck up...

Quoting dearestrachy:

I can see that happening. Never experienced it, but I can see how the title would go to their heads.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. Happens all the time. Especially with the officers wives!

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:17 PM
4 moms liked this

You obviously have not been in here very long if you think she's just a spouse...  Even if she was - your attitude sucks. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not about to argue with a military spouse. Whatever you think... ok.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:If you see it hear it experience it... Then you are around it. Remove yourself if it bothers you. Just a thought.Quoting Anonymous:I hear and see it. I don't have time to hang with anyone. I am a single parent in the military!

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:I think you are just hanging around the wrong types of people.Quoting Anonymous:Yes. Happens all the time. Especially with the officers wives!

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

You already singled out a whole group of people.  I'm not the rude one here....

Quoting dearestrachy:

How is that? I said I've never experienced it, but I'm acknowledging that in any higher up position some people let the title go to their head. Have you never had a job where your boss was a jackass on a power trip simply just because they're boss? It happens.
Again, I've never experienced it, and I'm more than halfway through PLC to be an Officer, so I've been around a lot of upcoming ones. You act like I'm singling out one person. There's no need for your rude comment.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting dearestrachy:

I can see that happening. Never experienced it, but I can see how the title would go to their heads.

Quoting Anonymous:

dearestrachy
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:23 PM
If that's the case then I'm insulting myself as well, as an Officer. Holy shit you're so dramatic.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting dearestrachy:

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting dearestrachy:

Quoting Anonymous:

-Teeter-Totter-
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:28 PM
2 moms liked this

When my mom was in and we lived on a base, she had some guy from her command come up to her and say "Did you know your daughter was seen hanging out with a girl with blue hair?!"

This, when my hair was hot pink the previous week and I was just between colors until I decided on the next...

Yeah, my mom was like:

"...And?"

lizzielouaf
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:29 PM

lol

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:33 PM
2 moms liked this

The irony of that statement is hilarious.

Quoting dearestrachy:

If that's the case then I'm insulting myself as well, as an Officer. Holy shit you're so dramatic.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting dearestrachy:

Quoting jas_momof2:

Really?  I'm thinking your preconceived notions are what's stuck up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Always! Well it is Veterans Day. Thank you for serving our country Ma'am!!

Quoting dearestrachy:

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting dearestrachy:

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting dearestrachy:

Quoting Anonymous:

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

You are an officer candidate... Not quite an officer yet. Secondly... You are still agreeing with a negative assumption about officer spouses. Yea that is calling singling out and lumping together. JS

Quoting dearestrachy:

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting dearestrachy:

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting dearestrachy:

Quoting Anonymous:

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Sorry that happened. I haven't experienced that but I hear stories.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN