Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

New Parent Support...

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:34 AM
  • 7 Replies

We have a New Parent Support Program through ACS here, I was wondering if anyone has participated in it or something similar and it actually been beneficial?

I already have a three year old, here is a description of the program 

Our professional staff provides supportive and caring services to military families that are pregnant, or with children through the age of three years. They can talk about your concerns as a parent or parent-to-be, and help you learn to cope with stress, isolation, post deployment reunions, and the everyday demands of parenthood in the privacy of your home"

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Katkinson
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I was, but I went more with a friend.  I was kind of a "sometimes" member, and not an all the time member.  It was pretty good, the kids got to play and we got to socialize.  That's what I liked about it more than anything.  It'd be good for someone who is brand new to deployments and being a single parent due to deployment. 

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I haven't but that sounds good.
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:17 PM
I haven't been to one but it sounds like something that could be very helpful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I've honestly never heard of it before...thanks for sharing though.

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 3:24 PM
I did it. Not by choice though. Lol. Did it at 3 different duty stations! They didn't bother me about it here since I didn't keep the babies.
They come out to your house and offer you parenting tips and coping mechanisms. They also bring you free stuff.
jtsmommie0104
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 3:47 PM

My husband wants me to try it out. As long as they don't come and nag and stand over my shoulder I guess it won't kill me lol 

Quoting mrsary:

I did it. Not by choice though. Lol. Did it at 3 different duty stations! They didn't bother me about it here since I didn't keep the babies.
They come out to your house and offer you parenting tips and coping mechanisms. They also bring you free stuff.

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:15 PM
They won't. It was actually ok!

Quoting jtsmommie0104:

My husband wants me to try it out. As long as they don't come and nag and stand over my shoulder I guess it won't kill me lol 

Quoting mrsary:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN