Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

The states where you would never want to live

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:30 AM
  • 54 Replies

They are doing this in MC, and I thought it was more appropriate for this group. 

So...are there any states that you cross your fingers and send prayers to your deity of choice that you DO NOT get orders to?  :)

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:38 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't know about any states I would not like. As for places I would love to go, one of my bff's lives in Dubai and all the pictures I've seen I would love to visit. I mean she has a champagne water cooler, need I say more? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
violinjewel
by Julia on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:43 AM
2 moms liked this
I was born and raised in CA, and I would never want to live there, but I'll visit. I won't live in southern states, I have visited a few, between the humidity and bugs, I just couldn't deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I do not want to ever get stationed back in Washington.  It is beautiful, we love the scenery, and it is close to family...but being cooped up inside 6 months a year because of the rain is just not for us.  

Also, I hope to never get stationed back in the DC area (including Virginia and Maryland). We were stationed there for 5 years, I loved getting to see all the sights, but I have seen everything I want to see over there, and I have no desire to return...I am quite done with large cities, traffic, and crime.

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:45 AM

We are loving CA!  It could be because we were sun-starved from living in WA so long....

Quoting violinjewel:

I was born and raised in CA, and I would never want to live there, but I'll visit. I won't live in southern states, I have visited a few, between the humidity and bugs, I just couldn't deal.

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Anywhere above the Mason Dixon line. I don't do winters. Lol.
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Ha!!

Quoting TonyaLea:

We are loving CA!  It could be because we were sun-starved from living in WA so long....

Quoting violinjewel:

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:49 AM
I always told hubby that I never wanted to be stationed in Hawaii, 29 Palms or Alaska..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Why is that?

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I always told hubby that I never wanted to be stationed in Hawaii, 29 Palms or Alaska..

violinjewel
by Julia on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I guess it depends where you live, and the circumstances of living there. I grew up in the Central Valley of CA, and the economy was bad there. CA as a whole is in major debt, not as bad as MI, but getting there. Jobs are hard to come by, and the housing market is horrible. Those are just a few reasons we wouldn't live there. I am jealous of the fresh produce from there though. CO is less than desirable for produce.

Quoting TonyaLea:

Quoting violinjewel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:55 AM
I always hear how expensive HI is and that just never appealed to me. Hubby has told me what 29 Palms is like and told me I would be miserable there and I agreed and I don't like being cold or lots of snow so that's why I didn't want alaska.. it is bad enough we are suppoosed to be getting a bad winter here in Va this year...I'm not looking forward to it :/

Quoting TonyaLea:

Why is that?

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)