Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

kind of frustrated

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:27 AM
  • 15 Replies

well my husband left last week, for his training. we are officially active duty! well there are new rules i just dont understand. like he told me he cant talk to me on his phone while hes walking. i do respect this but i miss him. well atleast he wont be gone too long, and i will see him soon. Also i have taken to writing while he is gone. i have to do some kind of activity while he is gone. 

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:28 AM
What was he before? And the no talking on the phone when walking applies to anyone in uniform, not just active.
Okie-chick
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Read a book. My husband was in the field for a month. But we text and I got to talk to him every day. I went for walks and took my daughter places. We also hung out with friends.
lovelyoneofgod
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:34 AM

national guard. from what I gathered it is different when you're active.

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

What was he before? And the no talking on the phone when walking applies to anyone in uniform, not just active.

Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:37 AM
3 moms liked this
Nope. The rules are the same. No hands in pockets, when to salute, no phone and waking, no PDA... If he's active, reserve or NG and walking around on the phone he is wrong.

Quoting lovelyoneofgod:

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Also a rule that took me forever to get was when you are with him in uniform you have to be on his right side. If he has to salute and you are in his way he can get in trouble.

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Nope. The rules are the same. No hands in pockets, when to salute, no phone and waking, no PDA... If he's active, reserve or NG and walking around on the phone he is wrong.

Quoting lovelyoneofgod:

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:21 AM
1 mom liked this
The difference is AD does it all the time, NG does it once every now and then. Same rules altogether. It is enforced more in AD, because AD are considered always on call.

Quoting lovelyoneofgod:

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Interesting.  My husband walks with many people side by side, and he is still able to salute regardless if someone's on his right or left side.  He salutes with his right hand, so his right hand needs to be free and able to salute if necessary.  This doesn't mean I can't walk on his right side...he can still salute if I'm on his right side.  

The rule is that their right hand has to be ready to salute, so bags or anything else they carry has to be on their left side.  There's no rule that you can't walk on your husband's right side.  

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Also a rule that took me forever to get was when you are with him in uniform you have to be on his right side. If he has to salute and you are in his way he can get in trouble.

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Quoting lovelyoneofgod:

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry this is what I ment. I always wa used to walking and holsing his hand on his right side so I had to get used to being on his left. It took me forever to grasp that concept.

Sorry I didn't fully explain...half asleep when I replied

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Interesting.  My husband walks with many people side by side, and he is still able to salute regardless if someone's on his right or left side.  He salutes with his right hand, so his right hand needs to be free and able to salute if necessary.  This doesn't mean I can't walk on his right side...he can still salute if I'm on his right side.  

The rule is that their right hand has to be ready to salute, so bags or anything else they carry has to be on their left side.  There's no rule that you can't walk on your husband's right side.  

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Quoting lovelyoneofgod:

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

For sure on walking & talking. Nothing in right hand. It depends on what you like, if you have kids. When my husband was deploying, I ran a playgroup, did things with friends with the kids, was active in the activities my son was in. I am into working out, we did festivals, read, working, volunteered. 

cocoroo
by Coco on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Yeah, not a new rule.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)