Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Is it beautiful where you are?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:57 AM
  • 61 Replies

It's that time of year...leavings changing colors, leaves falling, even snow in some places.  Since we're from all over, where are you and how's the weather?  

Do you like this time of year?  I sure do...we LOVE the fall/winter and cold weather...much better than the heat!

by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Okie-chick
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:01 AM
I love fall and winter. And unfortunately Hawaii doesn't have that. This time of year makes me miss home more
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I was waiting for you to respond and say that:)  I missed it a lot when we lived there!  There was something about going to beach right before Christmas that seemed weird to me!  

Quoting Okie-chick:

I love fall and winter. And unfortunately Hawaii doesn't have that. This time of year makes me miss home more

Okie-chick
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Lol

Everyone back home is wearing hoodies and sweaters and enjoying the cool weather.

Getting ready for thanksgiving and Christmas here is very weird. Hate to say it,but its hard getting into the holiday spirit.

We are going to try and go home next year.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I was waiting for you to respond and say that:)  I missed it a lot when we lived there!  There was something about going to beach right before Christmas that seemed weird to me!  

Quoting Okie-chick:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:07 AM

We went home for Christmas 1 time in the 3 years we lived there.  It was fun, but we went to 3 different states in a matter of 10 days...it was crazy and we never did it again!  Wait...I'm trying to remember...another year my husband went to see his family for Christmas but I didn't go with him.  I stayed home and worked.  He didn't leave until the day after Christmas though so we did get time together.

Quoting Okie-chick:

Lol

Everyone back home is wearing hoodies and sweaters and enjoying the cool weather.

Getting ready for thanksgiving and Christmas here is very weird. Hate to say it,but its hard getting into the holiday spirit.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting Okie-chick:

Okie-chick
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
We would just be going to Oklahoma where my family is. Long story on why we wouldn't visit his lol.

We will have two years left in march! Lol this year has gone by fast. Hopefully,not counting on,the next two years going by quickly.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

We went home for Christmas 1 time in the 3 years we lived there.  It was fun, but we went to 3 different states in a matter of 10 days...it was crazy and we never did it again!  Wait...I'm trying to remember...another year my husband went to see his family for Christmas but I didn't go with him.  I stayed home and worked.  He didn't leave until the day after Christmas though so we did get time together.

Quoting Okie-chick:

Lol

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting Okie-chick:

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:41 AM

We are in Germany. The leaves are changing and it is very pretty here. They are talking snow this week, ot looking forward to that. 

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I love this time of year, but its not pretty where we live now. :-(

MichelleMc
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Leaves are pretty much gone now. They were beautiful when they changed. They changed early with all the crazy weather. We had our first snow already. It wasn't much, just a little bit. 

I love fall. I like the first BIG snow. But after that, Winter is just toooooo long. LOL. 

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:40 AM
It is beautiful, but because it is warm and sunny. No fall leaves that I have noticed yet. It is going to take me a couple years of detoxing from Washington before I miss fall/winter.
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Mobile Photo

It's pretty much always beautiful here if you like it warm lol. It's been a bit rainy with the passing typhoon and cloudy since then. And since it's been cloudy the temps are between 66-76. This week is the coolest so far that we've had this fall. I LOVE the fall and like winter and spring, but hate summer lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)