Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I guess I'm crazy...

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:54 AM
  • 17 Replies

Or at least that's how I feel sometimes. My husband was to go to WLC on Monday and it lasts a month. Well I am due December 5th. I know how bad he wanted to go so when told me I was happy for him. We just hoped I'd go into labor when he was at home at night or on a weekend lol. He lost the spot anyway when his SGM realized how pregnant I am. 

All my friends say that I am crazy and he is a terrible husband for wanting to go. I'm from a family who is very into scraficing for the greater good. There were many Christmases and Thanksgivings that I sepnt home alone because my parents were both at work and we just celebrated on different days. Heck I busted my face open and neither of my parents could come home because of their jobs. I saw it as it was for the advancement for his career that would be better for our family. Now I guess I'm labeled "money hungry". 

I guess this is just a vent because of my crazy pregnant emotions. 

by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I get it, sometimes the gain is worth the losses. Being independent, and your husband recognizing that independence, is great, not personality flaws. On the other hand, last year when my husbands command decided, 2 weeks before my due date, to send him to a 2-week out of state class that he didn't need, I wasn't very pleased. Luckily they took pity on him and canceled it, or he would have missed the birth for something completely unnecessary, and which turned out to be a waste of time for the others that went.
MichelleMc
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't see it as money hungry at all. Sorry that people are judging. Every family makes their own choices & if you were fine with him going, that is all that mattered. 

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm a workaholic by nature.  I get it...

mlogsdon
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think that's crazy. When an opportunity is offered and you've been waiting for it, you take it. I understand supporting him, even if it is a very inconvenient time. That's not money hungry, that's life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jtsmommie0104
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 3:19 PM

My husband NEEDS this and plus it's here where we are, in the situation that you were in I wouldn't have been too happy.

Quoting TonyaLea:

I get it, sometimes the gain is worth the losses. Being independent, and your husband recognizing that independence, is great, not personality flaws. On the other hand, last year when my husbands command decided, 2 weeks before my due date, to send him to a 2-week out of state class that he didn't need, I wasn't very pleased. Luckily they took pity on him and canceled it, or he would have missed the birth for something completely unnecessary, and which turned out to be a waste of time for the others that went.

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Wow!! Its good you are that way! We are postponing Christmas or having it early because I have staff duty the day of or the day before. Lol.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I don't blame you for feeling the way you do...I would be the same way.  Totally understand.  Hugs!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Yep....it's called life.  Well said.

Quoting mlogsdon:

I don't think that's crazy. When an opportunity is offered and you've been waiting for it, you take it. I understand supporting him, even if it is a very inconvenient time. That's not money hungry, that's life.

jtsmommie0104
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah I support him in whatever he does and vice versa.

We are having Christmas early too lol.

Quoting mrsary:

Wow!! Its good you are that way! We are postponing Christmas or having it early because I have staff duty the day of or the day before. Lol.

mrspeterrabbit
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:29 PM

you are not crazy mama. Oh btw, your due date is my birthday...congrats :)

Quoting mlogsdon:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)