Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Naval Academy...

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:18 AM
  • 12 Replies
My 16 year old niece gets to cheer in the halftime show today at the Naval Acdemey. What an awesome opportunity her high school cheer team gets to partake in!?!?! Wish I could be there to support and cheer her on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Very cool!!

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:54 AM
It is very cool! I really wish I was there to watch! I can't wait to see pictures of it!

Quoting MichelleMc:

Very cool!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM

That is awesome!

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this
My brother posted a picture of my niece and him. It looks like they both had a great time!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

That is awesome!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:03 AM

That's fantastic!  I'm sure she will remember this experience for a long, long time!!!  Does she want to cheer in college?

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Yes she does. She has been cheering most of her life. She started out in cheering for "midget footbal" teams when she was about 6-7. Then my brother and SIL put both tyeir daughters into a competative cheer school and then they started to cheer in middle school and high school. My oldest niece stopped cheering to focus more on college prep but the niece cheering at the Naval Acedemy yesterday will only look into a college if they have a good cheer team. She is a bright girl but is very much focused on cheering.

Quoting anchorgurl:

That's fantastic!  I'm sure she will remember this experience for a long, long time!!!  Does she want to cheer in college?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Nice!
anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Cheering is a scholarship sport at many colleges so she might also have an added benefit to cheering at some schools.  I'm really amazed at what a lot of girls can do, from the gymnastics perspective, with cheering.  It's a lot different than what cheerleaders did when I was in high school (or maybe just at my high school). 

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Yes she does. She has been cheering most of her life. She started out in cheering for "midget footbal" teams when she was about 6-7. Then my brother and SIL put both tyeir daughters into a competative cheer school and then they started to cheer in middle school and high school. My oldest niece stopped cheering to focus more on college prep but the niece cheering at the Naval Acedemy yesterday will only look into a college if they have a good cheer team. She is a bright girl but is very much focused on cheering.

Quoting anchorgurl:

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:53 AM
I would love to see her go on and advance even more. She is a junior in high school now so she still has the rest of this year and part of next year to make up her mind on what shr wants to do.

Quoting anchorgurl:

Cheering is a scholarship sport at many colleges so she might also have an added benefit to cheering at some schools.  I'm really amazed at what a lot of girls can do, from the gymnastics perspective, with cheering.  It's a lot different than what cheerleaders did when I was in high school (or maybe just at my high school). 

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Quoting anchorgurl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katkinson
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:03 PM

awesome! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN