Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Fun homecoming

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM
  • 14 Replies

My husband was only gone 3 weeks on his most recent underway, but he got home right as I was leaving to go pick  my daughter up from kindergarten, and she didn't know that he was home.  We walk to and fro, so he stood at the end of the driveway waiting for us.  We were about 2 houses up the street when my 5 year old noticed him, started laughing, and took off running to give him a hug.  My 17 month old was doddling like she typically does, but looked up to see why big sister was excited, saw my DH and SCREAMED and took off wobble-running down the sidewalk yelling "Dada!  Dada!" the whole way and jumped into his arms.  I wish I had had it on video, it was too cute.  Neither one of them usually get that excited about homecomings, other than giving a hug and "hi daddy!" The baby was glued to his side the rest of the day and followed him everywhere he went.

Do your kids get super excited for homecomings?  

by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Oh how sweet!

My kids haven't really been excited much for homecomings... they haven't seemed to grasp that co.cept yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:45 PM

My son got super excited for homecomings. 

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:08 AM

How old is your son?

Quoting MichelleMc:

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:09 AM

My older daughter I think "gets it" she just doesn't get super emotional about things, this last underway though she was really missing him, so she was very happy to see him home, especially because it was a surprise.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Oh how sweet!

My kids haven't really been excited much for homecomings... they haven't seemed to grasp that co.cept yet.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:18 AM

Love that story!  How beautiful and precious!  My son doesn't understand to be honest...it's like a homecoming every day when my husband comes home from work:)

GodsAmiga
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Awww! So sweet! The only "homecoming" we've had so far was actually BMT graduation and then at coming from tech school. But BMT was my favorite. Our then 3 year old daughter got to tap him out with her 1 year old sister right behind:

They were beyond excited! :-) My dh is currently deployed and gets back between our 8 month old's and 3 year old's birthdays. I'm thinking about throwing a joint party on the day he's hopefully going to arrive back (if I get to find it out) and then hopefully surprise all 3 kiddos there. :-)

MichelleMc
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Now he is 18 & in the Army. He was little when my husband was active. 9 months to 10 years old. 

Quoting TonyaLea:

How old is your son?

Quoting MichelleMc:

Michelle, Body Combat Addict 
Proud Mom of Jonathan, Army Soldier and Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

Join us in the  Pennsylvania Moms group.

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:43 AM

That is sweet!  Sounds like he loves his daddy :)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Love that story!  How beautiful and precious!  My son doesn't understand to be honest...it's like a homecoming every day when my husband comes home from work:)

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Awe!  Those are really cute photos!  

Quoting GodsAmiga:

Awww! So sweet! The only "homecoming" we've had so far was actually BMT graduation and then at coming from tech school. But BMT was my favorite. Our then 3 year old daughter got to tap him out with her 1 year old sister right behind:

They were beyond excited! :-) My dh is currently deployed and gets back between our 8 month old's and 3 year old's birthdays. I'm thinking about throwing a joint party on the day he's hopefully going to arrive back (if I get to find it out) and then hopefully surprise all 3 kiddos there. :-)

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Very cool!  Was your husband Army too?

Quoting MichelleMc:

Now he is 18 & in the Army. He was little when my husband was active. 9 months to 10 years old. 

Quoting TonyaLea:

How old is your son?

Quoting MichelleMc:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)