Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

daughter had to get stitches bc of daycare

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:31 PM
  • 28 Replies
So I go to pick up my dd from daycare yesterday and when I entered I couldn't find a teacher anywhere. I walked into her usual classroom and there is my dd crying with blood running down her forehead. After picking her up I finally find her teacher outside on a smoke break! She left a whole classroom full of kids unsupervised for god only knows how long! I immediatly rushed her to urgentcare and she got a few stitches. Once she was settled at home I marched myself back in there for some much needed answers. The directors response was they were short handed and the teacher was just outside the window. I almost ripped the womans head off.
Have any others had horror stories like this? Oh and it is military funded cdc off base too.
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JMmama
by Kara on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:34 PM
That's ridiculous. I get accidents happen at daycare or school, but that is unacceptable for a classroom full of kids to be without an adult inside the room.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Report it. It's military funded which means it's commander approved etc. I bet if the commander knew something like that was going on they would make sure it was fixed or the funding stopped
Tigger0421
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:42 PM
I reported it to dcf and dh reported it to his command.
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:06 AM

That is totally unacceptable, and I am pretty sure it breaks all kinds of rules.  Kids are never to be left alone and unsupervised while at daycare.  Accidents happen, it could have happened even with the teacher in the room (my DD came home with a huge bump on the forhead once when she was around a year because she tripped on a carpet and fell head first into the corner of a bookshelf), but you will never know because she wasn't there to potentially prevent it, as well as to get her immediate medical care.  How old is your daughter?

Tigger0421
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:10 AM
she is 2yrs old and very verbal. Once she was settled I did ask her what happened and she another boy pushed her. I guess her way down she either hit a table or the floor hard. Also really will never know what truly happened bc we all know how our little ones like to embellish the truth.

Quoting TonyaLea:

That is totally unacceptable, and I am pretty sure it breaks all kinds of rules.  Kids are never to be left alone and unsupervised while at daycare.  Accidents happen, it could have happened even with the teacher in the room (my DD came home with a huge bump on the forhead once when she was around a year because she tripped on a carpet and fell head first into the corner of a bookshelf), but you will never know because she wasn't there to potentially prevent it, as well as to get her immediate medical care.  How old is your daughter?

lullaby572
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:08 AM

WOWjaw dropI am so sorry.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:17 AM

Good.  That is beyond ridiculous and unacceptable.  Just horrible.  Glad she's okay though.  Hugs!

Quoting Tigger0421:

I reported it to dcf and dh reported it to his command.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Not to mention, smoking should NOT be allowed at a workplace like that.

jamamama00
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:19 AM
Why in the hell is the teacher smoking? Ugh.
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:35 AM

OMG that is SO unacceptable! I briefly did daycare after college(6 months of 2 year olds ug!) and there is no reason for there not to be at least 1 teacher in the room! I taught public school for 7 years and I wouldn't even leave Kindergarteners in a room without direct supervision! And for a SMOKEBREAK? She shouldn't be smoking while on duty, period. The smoke on her clothes, hair, etc could bother a child's asthma and exposes all of the children to what's called third hand smoke! As teacher's we weren't allowed to smoke on campus period, even in their cars(I didn't smoke but some if my friends did and I know it was a struggle to get through the day but they did it!). I can't believe the director made such a lame excuse too. I would be beyond hot mad and I would be reporting it too. I consider myself EXTREMELY lucky that I can stay home with my son but there is no reason for that, and it certainly needs to be reported.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)