Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Yes, indeed.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

OPSEC is important and commands can take measures to prevent violations of it. 

I have lost communications with my spouse after several mass emails from command officials to all spouses regarding violations of OPSEC on social media.  Threats were made in reference to prohibiting all contact to families during deployment. 

Some idiot spouse is releasing classified information which has not only cut contact to family members for the entire command, but has also changed deployment dates. 

I'm very pissed I have to go without speaking to my husband because some dumb moron can't stop yapping her trap. 

Please don't be that moron to your fellow wives.  This sucks.  That is all. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I like to call those people out by name...

MichelleMc
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:58 PM

We had that happen on my husbands deployment. It delayed the dates of pull in. The wife was in a travel agency giving dates, though we have been told & told again ( of course ) not to go by the exact dates for travel & not travel ON the dates if going to meet them.  ( It wasn't the end of the deployment, but it did delay us speaking to them & their time out of the water. Plus messed up all the rest of the schedules )This was before social media, but goodness. Her husband was met when he got off the boat. I would have hated to be in that meeting...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I wish I could, but I have no clue who it was.  I hope Karma visits them, though. 

Quoting usmclife58:

I like to call those people out by name...

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I'm so sorry....I hate that for you.  I've seen that happen and it just infuriates me!

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Sorry. People are dipshits.
RhondaJ
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 5:53 AM

I am sorry that happened to you!  They talk about opsec all of the time you think they would understand how important it is.  It is sad that one ignorant person can cause so much heartache for everyone else. 

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:36 AM

People are just stupid and don't think.  :(

twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Sorry you are dealing with the stupid. For all those women that just gotta know dates, they would save a lot of pain and aggravation for the rest of us if they would just use code calendars between them and their hubs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Oh, no.  That's not OK either.  The emails stated that as well.  Code calendars are also a violation of OPSEC and the OIC made it perfectly clear that any military member being caught using them would AT LEAST lose their communication privileges.  At most there'd be disciplinary actions. 

Quoting twinkersmom:

Sorry you are dealing with the stupid. For all those women that just gotta know dates, they would save a lot of pain and aggervation for the rest of us if they would just use code calendars between them and their hubs.

TippyD
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:37 PM

word. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)