Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Son Being Transfered

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi my name is Tara

I have 1 child my son Shawn has been in the Air Force for 11 years now and he has always been close to home. He will soon be pcs. I am not handling it very well. He is married and I have two beautiful Granddaughers 4 and 2..Shawn is my only child and I raised him as a single parent since the day he was born. I am proud that my son has choosen the Air Force for his career he follows in a long line of many military family members. He has not choosen his base yet however this is being worked out. I was just wondeing how other Mom's have dealt with this. Any information would be helpful..

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I am an AF wife and was raised by just my mom. I lived with her until I was 26. I also have her only grandchild. My husband and I have been married for 6 years and my son is almost 4. I STILL cry every time I have to take my mom to the air port or she drops me off to get me on a plane. EVERY SINGLE TIME. I can't help it. I miss her every day and we talk via the IPad on FaceTime at least once or twice a week. It's hard but it is what it is. We survive and visit whenever we can.

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Most of us haven't been anywhere near our families for many, many years.

You just deal with it, because you have to. You were lucky to have him close by for this long. Most of us aren't so fortunate. We went 8 years without seeing my husband's parents at all. They don't really know our daughter, she doesn't really know them. 

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:16 PM

it was hard, but I knew I raised him to be an adult.

plan lots of visits and know that it is not forever :)

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:42 PM

How wonderful that you were able to live near him for so long! I know it's hard to see them move away, but it will be a great life experience for them. 

Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Just be glad he was near by that long, maybe it will happen again. Think of it as Yay new place to visit and not pay for a hotel

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Hugs!  Hopefully he won't be too far and you can visit without too much trouble.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN