Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PCS

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:02 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi ladies ! I am moving to Ft Bragg in December . My Husband is going back there but this is my first time going there. We have six children between us .I am worried because i get mixed reviews about the place when i ask. Has any one else been stationed there or is any one else there right now that can give me some advice on schools and activites for the chidren?

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:06 PM
No advice from me but I hope you do find the answers you are looking for. Have you tried researching the base and its surrounding areas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugrdazy
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I live at Bragg right now. We can talk if you want. sugrdazy@yahoo.com or you can friend me on FB ..Stacy Johnson Henry

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:22 PM

schooldigger.com is always a good place to start. Good school usually equal better neighborhoods.

AlabamaMommaof6
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:45 PM
That sounds great Stacy , i am excited about moving out there but a little anxious too.
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

If I were you I wouldn't post my name... people are crazy on this site. 

Quoting sugrdazy:

I live at Bragg right now. We can talk if you want. sugrdazy@yahoo.com or you can friend me on FB ..

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Not me but I'm sure you will be fine.  Every place has it's pros and cons.  Hopefully more people who have been there will chime in with useful info.

lovemyairman150
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:16 AM
We're getting ready to pcs to Bragg too. No set orders, so I guess it's possible we won't, but they keep bringing up Bragg, so I'm trying to educate myself as well. I've heard good things about the Raeford area. That Fayetteville isn't that great of an area, but that it's just certain parts.
AlabamaMommaof6
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Yea we have been looking up areas out that way, my husband mapped out the area he would like us to live in because of the schools. Not sure yet , but  raeford did seem nice as well as Hope mills. We would like for our oldest to go to Jack Brit high they offer more and have an awesome curriculum. It will be hard for our children they have went to school alll together here their school is K-12. Now they will be in three different schools.:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)