Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

why i wish your husband would deploy.

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:47 PM
  • 17 Replies
http://spousebuzz.com/blog/2013/11/wish-husband-deploy.html

Sorry it isn't clicky. But what are your thoughts on this article?
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Katkinson
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Honestly?  I think some of the thoughts she TRIES to bring across are really beautiful.  There is beauty in the ugliness of deployment.  Truly valuing and appreciating your spouse and NOT taking them for granted.  I just think it wasn't written very well.  There are other ways she could have worded those same thoughts so they came across in a more powerful way.  JMO!

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you on both parts. Very powerfull message but could be even more powerful if it had been written better.

Quoting Katkinson:

Honestly?  I think some of the thoughts she TRIES to bring across are really beautiful.  There is beauty in the ugliness of deployment.  Truly valuing and appreciating your spouse and NOT taking them for granted.  I just think it wasn't written very well.  There are other ways she could have worded those same thoughts so they came across in a more powerful way.  JMO!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:42 PM
2 moms liked this

It was really hard to read because of the poor writing.  She does have a good point though, some people take their spouses for grated and deployment makes them appreciate what they do.  But I would also say that it would be good for some women to have a deployed husband so that they can learn to stand on their own two feet and to learn to do the things that they depend on their spouses to do.  

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:53 PM
I agree. I have people ask me all the time how I can take all 4 kids with me when I grocery shop and why isn't my husband helping with them. I simply tell them my husband is away or is working and we need food so the kids are coming with me. I've had to deal with our bill people and take care of car issues while my husband has been away before. I know a lot of people that woukd freak out if they had to have their husbands/SO leave for a while.

Quoting TonyaLea:

It was really hard to read because of the poor writing.  She does have a good point though, some people take their spouses for grated and deployment makes them appreciate what they do.  But I would also say that it would be good for some women to have a deployed husband so that they can learn to stand on their own two feet and to learn to do the things that they depend on their spouses to do.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:14 PM

You hit the nail on the head for me.

Quoting TonyaLea:

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish MY husband would deploy, LOL. Please, someone take him. I need a break.

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:56 PM
I felt like that when we were actuve duty.. we spent so much time away frim each other that when we together too long we would fight and get on each others nerves. I knew as soon as that started happening it ment he was going to go away soon and I would get a break from him.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I wish MY husband would deploy, LOL. Please, someone take him. I need a break.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I know, I admit I am sorta proud of myself for some of the things I have learned to do while he was gone, like buying the parts for and fixing our toilet one year when he was TDY, to changing the battery in my car that last time he was underway.  I had never even mowed a lawn before the first time he went TDY.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I agree. I have people ask me all the time how I can take all 4 kids with me when I grocery shop and why isn't my husband helping with them. I simply tell them my husband is away or is working and we need food so the kids are coming with me. I've had to deal with our bill people and take care of car issues while my husband has been away before. I know a lot of people that woukd freak out if they had to have their husbands/SO leave for a while.
Quoting TonyaLea:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN