Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Soldier's Family Found, 5 month old still missing, police asking for help *sad update*

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:40 PM
  • 19 Replies

Have you ladies been following this story?

A soldier from Texas and his wife apparently disappeared with their two sons on Friday, leaving a suicide note saying "their bodies would be found soon." The couple were found alive on Sunday in Michigan, with their 19 month old, but the 5 month old is still missing.  

Police are asking for the public's assistance in locating 5-month-old Jackson Farrey. Anyone with information on this case can call the El Paso Police Department at (915) 566-8477 (TIPS)

http://www.dailypress.net/page/content.detail/id/544950/Missing-family-found-in-Escanaba.html?nav=5003

by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
midnightmooncom
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Omg... i hope they find him..
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Oh wow...I haven't seen or heard anything about it. I hope they find that baby soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:01 PM
OMG, that precious baby. I haven't even heard of this story and I'm in Texas!
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I know!  I had seen it on a FB page this weekend, and today went online to see if anything had been discovered, and trying to find any article about it was really hard!  I thought it would be major headlines, but it wasn't anywhere.  I ended up going to the original FB post to get their names, then did a google search, and then finally found a couple local news articles about it.  Nothing national though.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Oh wow...I haven't seen or heard anything about it. I hope they find that baby soon.

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I really is weird that it was not in National media, you would think that with 2 missing kids, and with the guy being an AWOL soldier, they would have caught people's attention.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

OMG, that precious baby. I haven't even heard of this story and I'm in Texas!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Wow!!!

JaimieP
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:22 PM

My friend posted about them missing and I was wondering if they found anyting also.  Thanks for the update.  But REALLY.  How can you guys do something to a 5 mo old and not tell authorities what happened to him.  I'm pretty sure they must know, since they left the suicide note.  It didn't seem like they were under diress of someone forcing them against their will.  Theres more here than we know, and it'll be interestesting to find out the whole story. 

How it isn't a national headline is beyond me.  A family outside Boston was found dead in their home this morning, 43 yr old mother and father, with twins that would have been a yr old on the 26th.  From what it sounds like that was a murder suicide or suicide pact.   It remided me of this, and how those poor children have no choice in the matter.  

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/11/18/four-people-found-dead-arlington-home/BCIlKtB8Ia5j3NHjMWWR4J/story.html

Keep us updated if you can, seems like you're closer to the news and closer to where you can get updates than we are.

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:24 PM

This is so incredibly sad.  I hope they didn't harm the baby...

xoch86
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:28 PM

wait they found them? and the older child? are they talking??

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:43 AM

They just found the baby's body.  So sad.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/latestnews/ci_24561201

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)