Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Army vet banned from Old Navy...

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:54 AM
  • 25 Replies
http://www.examiner.com/article/army-veteran-banned-from-old-navy-store-over-teen-employee-marine-uniform

Will you still shop here after reading this??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I tried to go there and read, but got sidetracked by the teacher who fed his students semen-laced cookies...  WTF?

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I have not shopped at old navy in 10 years. I have not agreed with many of thier policies.

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:38 AM
O.o

Quoting anchorgurl:

I tried to go there and read, but got sidetracked by the teacher who fed his students semen-laced cookies...  WTF?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:42 AM
I haven't shopped there in years either...mostly becausd they are a bit expensive... I love their jeans and my sister just gave me a pair of her old navy jeans and I was thinking of goibg and getting another pair. But after reading this I'm rethinking that decision :/

Quoting gunsgirl:

I have not shopped at old navy in 10 years. I have not agreed with many of thier policies.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:10 AM
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I didn't realize how old it was. A friend of mine posted it on facebook this morning and it caught my eye.

Quoting Anonymous:

i remember this. it's an kind of old.

http://www.examiner.com/article/army-veteran-banned-from-old-navy-store-over-teen-employee-marine-uniform

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
violinjewel
by Julia on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I stopped shopping there because the clothes are cheaply made. After a few washes I would find holes in articles of new clothes, even when I followed washing instructions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:44 AM
If I do shop there it has been for jeans and I never had any issues with them but I haven't shopped there in years..I can't remember the last time I even went into an old navy.

Quoting violinjewel:

I stopped shopping there because the clothes are cheaply made. After a few washes I would find holes in articles of new clothes, even when I followed washing instructions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RhondaJ
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:00 AM

That is normally the only thing I ever bought at old navy.  I liked their jeans but after reading this I doubt I will be shopping there anytime soon. 

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

If I do shop there it has been for jeans and I never had any issues with them but I haven't shopped there in years..I can't remember the last time I even went into an old navy.

Quoting violinjewel:

MichelleMc
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

It is a year old. It has never been proven though ( not even what the jacket was it seems ). I also doubt the guy was all calm & just said, that is disrespectful, they need to take it off. Thanks & walked away. Most people that would go out of their way to tell someone they need to take it off & even go to the manager, would usually get a little heated. If the manager was concerned for their or the teens safety, they could have done this extra step. Doesn't have anything to do with the corporation in general, other than, they are trying to go by what was said. Which the manager stated that the teen was threatened earlier so when he started, they reacted with what they thought was best, that no one wanted to disrespect the military in anyway, including this teen, and that it was a French Jacket from the 30's ( was it? Who knows )I also know a lot of military members that will let their own kids wear their own things like this. So...there is alot to wonder about this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)