Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

plans to close stateside commissaries coming soon

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:17 AM
  • 27 Replies
http://spousebuzz.com/blog/2013/11/plan-to-close-commissaries-stateside-coming-soon.html

I know a lot freaked out when we went through the shutdown but how would you react to the commissaries closing for good? How would it impact your family?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I would be dissappointed but it really wouldn't impact my family at all. We live too far from the nearest base for us to fully take advantage of shopping at the commissary..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:30 AM

It would not impact us at all. I rarely use it and it is 10 minutes away. I don't find the savings to be all that great for most things I buy.

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:37 AM
The only way it would effect me is that the stores I usually shop at would be more crowded from all the commissary people needing a new place to shop.
usmc0351wife
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:39 AM

We aren't near a base so it wouldn't affect me right now but when we were stationed in 29 Palms I shopped at the commissary all the time and it really was beneficial to us as a family. 

RhondaJ
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I would be disappointed but it would not have a big impact. I agree that the other stores in the area would be more crowed if it were to close. 

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:32 AM

It would be a bummer as I do use it, but it's not a show stopper...

TippyD
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM

it would only affect our lunch meat.. for the most part we buy out in town, but get our lunchmeat there because they have Boars Head:) 

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:47 AM
It wouldn't matter much for us.
SRL_45
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:55 AM

It would suck because thats where we do most of our shopping but I would not freak out lol... just shop off post!

USAFamily
by Melissa on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:12 AM

If I were stateside, it wouldn't affect me at all. I really could care less and I think because of the current economy it SHOULD be the first thing to go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)