Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

you know you are a military family when.

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:09 AM
  • 20 Replies
Your dh gives your son a high-n-tight after you told him to give him a mohawk then 10 minutes later you walk in the bathroom and he has a high-n-tight...

Has your dh/so ever given your son(s) military style haircuts before?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:15 AM
My husband doesn't give haircuts, I do. And yes the older two get high and tights, the younger 3 don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:22 AM

We have girls. 

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I have tried to give my husband a high and tight but I jacked it all up. Normally if I have to do hair cuts on our ds I just take the clippers to his hair and just take it all off. But I told dh that it would look cool if we gave our ds a mohawk. His hair sort of grows in a mohawk way so we just needed to trim it and make it neater looking. I walk into the bathroom ten minutes later and the boy has a high and tight and my husband is all "I didn't do too bad a job!" Ds looks cute but I really wanted to try for the mohawk..maybe next time.

Quoting adrianna1043:

My husband doesn't give haircuts, I do. And yes the older two get high and tights, the younger 3 don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:03 AM
We have 2 girls and 2 boys. I take the girls to get their hair done at a salon. Hubby or I will cut the boys hair. If I tried cutting my girls hair I would mess it all up and they would end up needing their heads buzzed.. lol

Quoting usmclife58:

We have girls. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:04 AM

My son has had a high & tight since he was 3. LOL. My husband didn't do it though. He got it done at the barber on base, then when we moved away at the hair dresser. 

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:04 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm not a fan of the mohawk. None of my boys have ever had one.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I have tried to give my husband a high and tight but I jacked it all up. Normally if I have to do hair cuts on our ds I just take the clippers to his hair and just take it all off. But I told dh that it would look cool if we gave our ds a mohawk. His hair sort of grows in a mohawk way so we just needed to trim it and make it neater looking. I walk into the bathroom ten minutes later and the boy has a high and tight and my husband is all "I didn't do too bad a job!" Ds looks cute but I really wanted to try for the mohawk..maybe next time.

Quoting adrianna1043:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Our oldest ds is 3 and I'm guessing now that hubby has done cut it to a high and tight it will now always be cut like that. Dh wants me to try again on giving him his high and tight.. I suck at giving him anythi.g other than a buzz cut..

Quoting MichelleMc:

My son has had a high & tight since he was 3. LOL. My husband didn't do it though. He got it done at the barber on base, then when we moved away at the hair dresser. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Yeah I wasn't a fan of buzz cuts, but I also don't like mohawks or alot of other cuts either. I loved the high & tight, so it worked :) LOL.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Our oldest ds is 3 and I'm guessing now that hubby has done cut it to a high and tight it will now always be cut like that. Dh wants me to try again on giving him his high and tight.. I suck at giving him anythi.g other than a buzz cut..

Quoting MichelleMc:

Michelle, Body Combat Addict 
Proud Mom of Jonathan, Army Soldier and Eagle & Vigil Scout
Proud Navy Submarine Vet WifeTo Jake

Join us in the  Pennsylvania Moms group.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:28 AM

They don't get high and tights but all my boys get their hair cut at the barber on base into a medium/low reg.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 25, 2013 at 5:27 PM

My husband shaves his own head as well as my son's head...he just does a buzz cut...shaves pretty much all the hair off!  My guys are twins!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN