Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New airman in boot camp how does a mom make it through

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 6:19 PM
  • 61 Replies

I'm a mom whose son has been in Lackland for a week and 1/2 in boot camp. I heard from him 1 time and have not yet received his post card with his address.it kills me to think other trainees are getting mail and he isn't.

Paula

by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Nov. 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM
2 moms liked this
You deal with it. What are you going to do of he gets stationed overseas? My son graduated basic last Jan and is now in Germany. It is hard sometimes, but you get through it.
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:01 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't know. I think most moms die. Coco ^ survived, though, so I know it can be done.
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd just be glad he was spreading his wings and leaving the nest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

My son just graduated from Basic Training in the Army. We didn't get addresses for weeks. It is okay. They are busy. Mail will start & it will be regular for him to get from you. He knows you are writing & it just isn't coming yet. 

Ydm
by Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:32 PM
U will get mail soon ! Think positive and it will be there b4 u know it 😀big hugs!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzielouaf
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I survived when my son went, the alternative is to not survive and that's just silly. You'll forget about all of it when you go to his graduation in San Antonio, trust me. Just focus on his graduation and how this will help your son in his future.

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM
2 moms liked this
You just go about your day like any other. I don't have a son or daughter in boot camp but I was with my husband when he went through and it wasn't easy but I made it without him being there all the time.

Mail will start soon. Those first few weeks are hectic. Stay strong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:03 PM

My husband teaches BMT and just got his new group last night. I don't know about addresses but they do get mail often so write once you get it. They are only allowed 3 phone calls total I think. The first call, one a few weeks in and then another toward the end. He will survive, it's not as bad as you are imagining I'm sure. Starting Dec. 1 they even get an extra hour of sleep each day! In fact, in about two weeks I will be baking them cookies(our squadron alone needs 50 dozen!) for them for Christmas :) it's wicked cold her right now but next week it is supposed to warm up. I'm sure you will hear from him soon.

cocoroo
by Coco on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:43 PM
My son called me every Sunday when he was at Lackland.

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband teaches BMT and just got his new group last night. I don't know about addresses but they do get mail often so write once you get it. They are only allowed 3 phone calls total I think. The first call, one a few weeks in and then another toward the end. He will survive, it's not as bad as you are imagining I'm sure. Starting Dec. 1 they even get an extra hour of sleep each day! In fact, in about two weeks I will be baking them cookies(our squadron alone needs 50 dozen!) for them for Christmas :) it's wicked cold her right now but next week it is supposed to warm up. I'm sure you will hear from him soon.

cocoroo
by Coco on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Having him in Germany is way harder than Texas, mostly because I'm jealous of his adventures.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I don't know. I think most moms die. Coco ^ survived, though, so I know it can be done.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)