Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Mixed emotions

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:28 AM
  • 17 Replies
I am having mixed emotions I currently have a 17 month old girl but I'm having really strong baby fever (husband is deployed) I have even had a dream that we had another baby. I told the hubby and he said soon we could have another but then I think of how financially it would be so tough we can barley get by with just one kid I couldn't imagine doing it all over again. The hubby might also be getting out soon but he also might not be ( that's a whole post in itself haha) but I don't know what to do or think. :( I just wish my mind thought one way or the other not both haha
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemyairman150
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 4:54 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and say that if you're already struggling financially with 1 child, that another is OBVIOUSLY a bad idea at this time.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 30, 2013 at 4:56 AM

I have to agree with the comment above.  Good luck!

RKL10
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 6:32 AM
We get by we just live in Cali so housing is really expensive we aren't like bad bad though
ReadWriteLuv
Allright 2015, you heinous bitch. Bring it on!
Yesterday at 5:22 PM
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 8:10 AM

We couldn't afford two on an E-5's salary. We still can't afford two on an E-6's salary and me working. We could I suppose, but we couldn't live the way we want to. I like "stuff", and I like to go on vacation. Plus, I hate babies. 

My husband went through a phase where he really pushed for another one, but now that we are 36 and 37 with a 10 year old he's very glad we only have one.

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:12 AM

I personally would wait till you have a more certain future and more stable financial situation.  You have time to wait,   My girls are 4 years apart, and I sorta like that age gap.

RKL10
by Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:16 AM
A lot of my friends are having babies and it's making it even more hard with all the newborns around me haha

Quoting TonyaLea:

I personally would wait till you have a more certain future and more stable financial situation.  You have time to wait,   My girls are 4 years apart, and I sorta like that age gap.

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:19 AM

My youngest is 17 months also :) They are definitely not bitty babies any more, that is for sure.  I am liking the semi-independence though.

Quoting RKL10:

A lot of my friends are having babies and it's making it even more hard with all the newborns around me haha
Quoting TonyaLea:

RKL10
by Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:27 AM
I know with the hubby deployed I feel like my emotions are crazy every time I see a couple holding hands I get a lil sad haha

Quoting TonyaLea:

My youngest is 17 months also :) They are definitely not bitty babies any more, that is for sure.  I am liking the semi-independence though.

Quoting RKL10:

Quoting TonyaLea:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 1, 2013 at 5:18 AM
I'd be so unhappy and stressed over finances if I was in your circumstances. I think would try to find a job so that incase my husband decided to get out we have a safety nest of savings. Working is a good distraction and it occupies your time as well as good for the family household security.
SusanD
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 5:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I personally wouldn't have another if my finances weren't in good solid standing. I don't like struggling financially at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN