Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Info from son at basic

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 8:01 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
How long does it take to get a letter from son with his mailing address? He left on Nov 19th.
Guess I'm a little impatient. All new to this military protocol.
Proud Army Mom!!
❤🇺🇸❤🇺🇸❤🇺🇸❤
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
It will probably take a few weeks. The first few weeks are pretty crazy from what my husband told me. Once they start getting into more of a routine the lettees will probably start to come.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Did he actually class up yet? Did you get the so many second call that he is in "this company"? Sometimes they are in reception for a week to two, to even three, especially with the holidays. They don't get an address til they actually get in there actual location to start basic. Once there, they are so busy starting red phase, it does take about a week-2 from there to get their address. But again, add in the holiday. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 30, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2013 at 5:33 PM
The waiting and not know their whereabouts’ is awful. Don’t worry they’ll make them write. ;-)
cocoroo
by Coco on Nov. 30, 2013 at 5:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Hopefully you will hear from him soon. It took my son a few days to get ahold of anyone and give the address. He called his dad, after he got my VM,and then his stepmom emailed me with the address.
kcarrillo5
by Kim on Nov. 30, 2013 at 7:15 PM
My daughter is a senior in HS and leaving for bootcamp on July 28th and I am scared. She is headed for Oklahoma for this and just wondering how did you get through your child leaving. How long before u heard from him. Hope everything is going well for your son.
SusanD
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
That first week or so they are in a reception battalion. Then they will go to their actual basic training companies. So most likely he went to his actual basic training company some time around Friday since Thursday was a holiday. So you will probably get that first letter in a week or so.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 1, 2013 at 5:36 AM
Where is he in basic at? What is his job going to be?
Army_Mom92
by New Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Ft Sill OK. Something to do with Army intelligence. His school will be in Arizona at Ft Huacuca

Quoting Anonymous:

Where is he in basic at? What is his job going to be?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)