Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice on planning trip

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 8:26 PM
  • 13 Replies
We are looking into planning a trip to Walt Disney one in July. Any good advice or tips on how to get the best deals. I have four kids the ages of 9,5,6,2. This will be our first BIG trip as a family and want to do it right. Thanks
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Do you want to stay on porperty or not ? Are you driving or flying ? It will be hot and wicked crowded. Are you wanting see see all the parks? How long do you want to stay for ?

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Ugh, I could write a novel! I worked there for 7 years why I was in college and a couple years after I finished. Are you staying on property or off? Definitely check with the travel place on the base or post because they offer good prices on tickets if you are not doing the all inclusive resort stay package deal. If you are on Facebook like WDW on Facebook because they offer deals there as well. Bring or rent a stroller for the two year old you will need it! Lots of sunscreen and hats if you are going in July. Bring ponchos or raincoats because there are almost always afternoon rain showers. Have a ziplock bag for cell phone, camera, autograph books etc so they don't get wet on water rides like Splash mountain. BEST Character greetings that aren't a dining experience are at Animal Kingdom, less wait time and better experience. Bring snacks, if you get a suite with a kitchenette you can save a lot of money on food and the kids will probably eat better too. If can stay on property do it, it is an awesome experience and worth it's price both in fun and convience! I could go on and on. The parade at MK starts over by Splash Mountain and ends on Main Street so if you want to get back to the rides earlier than everyone else watch the parade in Frontierland....ok I'll stop now :) have a great time! I miss WDW so much this was the first year I haven't been for a full 365 days and no plans to go anytime soon :(

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Nov. 30, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Have you checked the Disney planning groups?
Mommy3478
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Do you want to stay on porperty or not ? Are you driving or flying ? It will be hot and wicked crowded. Are you wanting see see all the parks? How long do you want to stay for ?

We plan on staying at least a week if not a week and half. We wanna stay where it's cheaper but be close to the park. We also wanna go to sea world since we get free tickets there. We have to fly since we are currently living in Alaska :)
lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Quoting Mommy3478:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

We plan on staying at least a week if not a week and half. We wanna stay where it's cheaper but be close to the park. We also wanna go to sea world since we get free tickets there. We have to fly since we are currently living in Alaska :)

Check out Club holiday Inn at orange lake. They have condo style living and a tons of stuff for kids. Also check out Renting a house with a pool nearby. That might be cheaper. It will give you a full kitchen. In July it will be wicked Hot and lines can be an hour

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 8:56 PM

wdwinfo.com/discounts/discounts-military.htm

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Great tips!

Quoting Molimomma:

Ugh, I could write a novel! I worked there for 7 years why I was in college and a couple years after I finished. Are you staying on property or off? Definitely check with the travel place on the base or post because they offer good prices on tickets if you are not doing the all inclusive resort stay package deal. If you are on Facebook like WDW on Facebook because they offer deals there as well. Bring or rent a stroller for the two year old you will need it! Lots of sunscreen and hats if you are going in July. Bring ponchos or raincoats because there are almost always afternoon rain showers. Have a ziplock bag for cell phone, camera, autograph books etc so they don't get wet on water rides like Splash mountain. BEST Character greetings that aren't a dining experience are at Animal Kingdom, less wait time and better experience. Bring snacks, if you get a suite with a kitchenette you can save a lot of money on food and the kids will probably eat better too. If can stay on property do it, it is an awesome experience and worth it's price both in fun and convience! I could go on and on. The parade at MK starts over by Splash Mountain and ends on Main Street so if you want to get back to the rides earlier than everyone else watch the parade in Frontierland....ok I'll stop now :) have a great time! I miss WDW so much this was the first year I haven't been for a full 365 days and no plans to go anytime soon :(

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 1, 2013 at 6:39 AM

These ladies have some great ideas...we've never been.  Good luck!

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I forgot 1 more! Bring a big refillable water bottle, any restaurant will give you a large cup of water WITH ice and you can just pour it in there and hydrate all day!

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Land or World?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)