Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Ok, I have to protest this orange...

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:12 PM
  • 10 Replies

Another group I am in designed and submitted a CM logo to celebrate Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary on the 23rd of November.  It was "taken into considersation" and that was all we heard about it.  The date came and went with nothing from CM.  Not that we really expected anything, but it really would have been cool all things considered.

Today I see an orange logo and my wallpaper has oranges on it.  Really?  REALLY? 

I am totally disappointed in CM.  Maybe if we came up with some money they would have changed it?  That's pretty crappy.

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Yep.  Although I have seen them do the wallpaper advertisements before, it is the first time (I think) they have used the logo for advertising, and I was a little put off by it.  Not sure why it bothered me though, I am fully aware that the sole purpose of CM is a marketing scheme, and now that people are using ad blockers, they have to find new ways to advertise.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:44 PM

The Halos ad has been driving me crazy. I will  not buy just out of annoyance from the ad now.

TishHughes
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Weeeellllll, this is CafeMom, a site full of moms. Halos are aimed at kids..makes sense to me. I don't even know or understand what  a doctor who is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I agree. Those commercials are really annoying. Showing kids acting like brats does not make make me want to buy their oranges.
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM
I'm using mobile on my desktop, so I can't see any of it.
RhondaJ
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Maybe they think we will download it for our kids.  It is annoying but I try to ignore it.   

Quoting TishHughes:

Weeeellllll, this is CafeMom, a site full of moms. Halos are aimed at kids..makes sense to me. I don't even know or understand what  a doctor who is.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Doctor Who is the longest running family science fiction show originating from England.  It is a "clean" show that many adults grew up on and are still watching.  I don't know...  You would think if you have a large group of women who use your site and they make a request (to include making a logo for you) that it would mean something to listen.  They do holidays, sporting events and now oranges.  It's a bummer.

The anniversary was shown in over 8 different countries and set several world records.  Google and Yahoo changed their logos to reflect the anniversary.  It would have been cool if CM did so as well.  A day wouldn't have hurt them.

Quoting TishHughes:

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM
I don't see the oranges. Is it viewable on mobile?
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Ok nevermind. I clicked to view full site and I see the orange when I do that.
TishHughes
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw the Google logo and played the game. Then I got pissed off and stopped cause I didn't understand it, lol.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Doctor Who is the longest running family science fiction show originating from England.  It is a "clean" show that many adults grew up on and are still watching.  I don't know...  You would think if you have a large group of women who use your site and they make a request (to include making a logo for you) that it would mean something to listen.  They do holidays, sporting events and now oranges.  It's a bummer.

The anniversary was shown in over 8 different countries and set several world records.  Google and Yahoo changed their logos to reflect the anniversary.  It would have been cool if CM did so as well.  A day wouldn't have hurt them.

Quoting TishHughes:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN