Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Perfect cookies?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:53 AM
  • 15 Replies

Wanna know how to get your cookies to keep their shape? PUT THEM IN THE OVEN COLD. Why in the name of sweet baby Jesus has people not told me this before?!? Its no where on the instructions! Every other year my cookies are great big blobs of unrecognizable shapes... Seriously I wanna know why all of those selfish cookie making assholes didn't tell us this little tid bit! 

by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Some of my recipes say to do that.

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:47 AM

None of mine ever have :( I've had Christmas blobs every year.

Quoting cocoroo:

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:49 AM

It works well with other types of cookies too, like chocolate chip, so they don't spread out too much.  :)  Pretty cookie!  I am never very good a sugar cookies for some reason.

cocoroo
by Coco on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:53 AM

But, not this year!

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Quoting cocoroo:

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Thanks!

I saw a tip that said to make chocolate chips taller, instead of round, and that would combate the spreading too. I found a recipe that called for leaving out the baking soda and adding in cornstarch to make them soft! Another calls for the cornstarch and adding in brown sugar with the white sugar to make them soft too. Hubby is on his way home now with the rest of my ingredients, so I will let you know how they turn out!

Quoting TonyaLea:

It works well with other types of cookies too, like chocolate chip, so they don't spread out too much.  :)  Pretty cookie!  I am never very good a sugar cookies for some reason.

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:58 AM

LOL no not this year! I've had a rough couple of weeks with my middle DD being sick, so I'm celebrating the little victories like cookie stars that look like actual stars... it doesn't take much to entertain me these days.

Quoting cocoroo:

But, not this year!

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Quoting cocoroo:

cocoroo
by Coco on Dec. 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM
I meant you didn't have blobs this year. How is your dd?

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

LOL no not this year! I've had a rough couple of weeks with my middle DD being sick, so I'm celebrating the little victories like cookie stars that look like actual stars... it doesn't take much to entertain me these days.

Quoting cocoroo:

But, not this year!

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Quoting cocoroo:

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I know ;)

She is much better, thank you for asking. She still needs a nebulizer treatment if she really exerts herself for things like PE or TKD, pneumonia really took its toll on her.

Quoting cocoroo: I meant you didn't have blobs this year. How is your dd?

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Quoting cocoroo:

But, not this year!

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Quoting cocoroo:

usmclife58
by Nikki on Dec. 5, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I knew the cookie thing... I can't remember who told me, or if I read it though.

However, I cannot get my cakes to be even for anything. They always have a hill in the middle that I have to cut off.

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I have no help for that one. I cut it off too :-/ Here's a link to a "flat cake" not sure if it will work though.... I think that cutting it might be easier.

Quoting usmclife58:

I knew the cookie thing... I can't remember who told me, or if I read it though.

However, I cannot get my cakes to be even for anything. They always have a hill in the middle that I have to cut off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)