Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

last drill...

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:35 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hubby is at his last drill this weekend. Next week starts a new job. Hopefully a job that will better our family. He is taking a truck driving job. The first 6 weeks is training witb another driver and learning the company and all that good stuff. Then after that he should get his own company truck and route. This job offers benefits and bonuses. We wont be seeing him much but it is going to help our family.

Dh hated having to tell his higher ups that he needed to leave the reserves. I feel bad for him because I know the Marines is still a big part of him but we both know that in order to dig ourselves out of this crap hole we are in we have to sacrifice a few things. I'm praying this job is just what we need!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 7, 2013 at 6:03 AM

Congrats on his new job...you have to do what is best for your family!  Hugs!

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Thanks! I'm just bummed he will be missing the baby's first christmas.. I don't know why it makes me sad as he missed our two oldests kids first christmases with being deployed. I should be used to it. Haha

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Congrats on his new job...you have to do what is best for your family!  Hugs!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

You have a good man who is willing to do what he needs to give you a better life.  Hugs to you :)

sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Thanks! He is pretty good. Just wish he didn't have to give up his reserve duty. That's such a big part of him.

Quoting anchorgurl:

You have a good man who is willing to do what he needs to give you a better life.  Hugs to you :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karla41164
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Good Luck with the new job,As for trying to get out of the hole write down every penny you spend and then at the end of the month see where you can cut back,Also if you use coupons take the money you saved and then take the amount you saved and put the money into a savings it adds up!

RhondaJ
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I think you have a really good man.  He is putting his family first and that is important.  I am sure he will be missing it but he is choosing you first.  I am sorry he will be missing Christmas.  Dh has been on deployments during the holidays so we celebrate them when we are together, regardless of the date. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN