Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Someone needs to have some fun this weekend!

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 6:14 AM
  • 13 Replies

Please tell me someone is going to a nice Christmas party, baking yummy cookies, or doing something festive this weekend.  I will live vicariously through you:)

Brady is still in the hospital, but his doctor said he *might* get to come home on Monday afternoon with the plan to finish his 2 weeks of IV meds at home with a home healthcare nurse coming over to help.  This would be wonderful!  He's doing 7 different IV treatments each day...totaling over 5 hours.  I would love for him to be able to do these at home and not in the hospital.  The Pediatric ward is full right now...full of RSV, Pneumonia, and other nasty stuff...those poor kids.  Brady is in an isolation room, not allowed to leave, not even to go play in the playroom.  Any staff that comes in his room has to suit up in a gown, gloves, and mask before walking in the door.  I know it's for his own safety, but that will get mega old after a while.  

by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 6:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepy_in_va
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Oh poor baby!

I wish I could say I was doing something fun but I'm not :/ gotta get ready for work in a bit. Working all freaking day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Poor kiddo! I'm sorry Darby, I hope he gets better quickly and gets to go home soon. 

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Dec. 7, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Not here.  We had an ice storm yesterday and everything is frozen.  The Christmas party was cancelled and I'm getting over a cold that dh is now coming down with. 

I hope Brady gets to go home!  Poor pumpkin...  and poor you!  Are you staying there with him 24/7?

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 9:20 AM

God bless you and Brady; hope he gets home on Monday.  I'll be thinking of you both this weekend.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 7, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Sorry Darby, nothing exciting going on here this weekend. And I mean nothing LOL!  Hope your little one can come home soon : )

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I slept past 6!!!!

Not much beyond that, though.

Praying for you guys to get home. Hospitals suck.
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Grocery store run here and probably not much else since it's not even 35 degrees. It's supposed to be nicer tomorrow so we might hit Sea World or the zoo but only if it warms up! I have serious cookie baking to do at the beginning of the week (5 dozen by Wed) for my dh's squadron "cookie caper" for the single guys and ALL the trainees so I will be baking, just not yet!

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Great news about the possibility of him coming home!

We are headed to a birthday party for a friend of my kindergartner this afternoon.  It is a "Hawaiian" party complete with hula skirts and volcano making.  It should be fun!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Hope you see some cute kiddos!

Quoting sleepy_in_va: Oh poor baby!

I wish I could say I was doing something fun but I'm not :/ gotta get ready for work in a bit. Working all freaking day.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Poor kiddo! I'm sorry Darby, I hope he gets better quickly and gets to go home soon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN