Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Moving ( pcs) during the holiday

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM
  • 5 Replies
We are moving during. Christmas break , any one else done this with children ? If so how did you make it work? Right. Ow kids are excited about new place and faces but I'm afraid it is gonna be a struggle for my teenagers. They are 16 and 13.
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:59 PM

No experience with this but good luck!

AnAnxiousHeart
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:55 PM
We did. Pulled them out of one school about a week or so before break and then started in new school after break. It was madness! But quite the adventure :)
cocoroo
by Coco on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:31 PM
We moved at the end of Jan one year. My oldest was 14 and . Freshman, my dd was in 5th grade, my yyounger two were 1stand 2nd grade. We did it again two years later. They all did fine. We just had sone problemstransferring some of my oldest son's credits, but it all worked out. We are moving again this summer. My oldest is graduated, my dd will be between 10th and 11th grade, my son will be between 7th and 8th, my youbgest dd will be between 6th and 7th. My oldest dd not happy about this move.
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Not me but I hope things go smoothly for you all!

USAFamily
by Melissa on Dec. 10, 2013 at 4:21 AM

We are moving to Norway in 5 weeks. I'm taking it one day at a time. I am getting rid of stuff now, and worrying about Christmas. We luckily won't pack out until mid-January, but I work full time until the 17th of January so it's still a bit stressful. Last PCS, we celebrate Christmas, then 2 days later packed out. It is fun for my kids, they still consider PCSing an adventure ;) 

Good luck! I hope things move smoothly for you! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)