Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your husband's command having a Holiday party?

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 77 Replies

If so, are you planning to attend?  

by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I think my husband's command party is this Friday night...I can't remember.  We aren't going obviously.  Even before my son got sick, I wasn't planning to attend.  I hate those things.  We did go last year, but it wasn't anything to write home about.

mlogsdon
by Mary on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:17 PM

No- but the ball is this friday :) We are going to that. 

MichelleMc
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:28 PM

We are past this stage, but we always went to command Christmas parties. Being on the sub we were all close knit & they were fun & easy going. We didn't go to anything else ( balls or anything )

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Yes they are. Same place, same time as last year. Boring. We are not going but will go next year when it is his last year here.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Have fun!  How did your move go?

Quoting mlogsdon:

No- but the ball is this friday :) We are going to that. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I'm with you!  This is my husband's last year at this command, but we're not going.  We did go last year though. 

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Yes they are. Same place, same time as last year. Boring. We are not going but will go next year when it is his last year here.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:37 PM

My husband's last submarine was close knit as well:)  I know what you mean.  We went to all the Christmas parties then and had a great time!

Quoting MichelleMc:

We are past this stage, but we always went to command Christmas parties. Being on the sub we were all close knit & they were fun & easy going. We didn't go to anything else ( balls or anything )

DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:48 PM
I do not think there is one since the unit is leaving. I have not heard of one anyway. If there was one we would go.
SierraLynn
by Just Me on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Not this year. They just had the ball on the 5th and are starting holiday leave early since its their block leave after deployment as well.
cocoroo
by Coco on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:05 PM

His Company is having one, but we aren't going.  We will be out of town playing in the snow in the mountains.  Even if we were going to be home, I probably wouldn't go.  I don't know any of the wives or soldiers and really don't care to know them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)