Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I don't give a damn that you out rank me......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

This drill we had family day, my ds was sick with two ear infections so he was a winey. He is 19 months and has a pacifier still, usually only when he goes to bed or is in the car for an extended period of time. We never really had to wean him he fine with or without it.. Well he had it due to being sick and overwhelmed with all the people around. There is a SSG that used to be really nice when my fiance and I were there a drill together until he got cross leveled to another unit recently. When he left she started treating me really poorly and bulling me because she outranks me and can basically. She comes out sees DS (who is finally playing and not clinging on me) and bends down and talks to him, all of a sudden grabs the pasi out of his mouth and makes him freak out. I asked her 3 times to please give it back she just ignored me while staring at my son screaming. She then says well if they're walking they dont need one, then gives it back and walks off. I had just been latteraled to CPL ten min prior and honestly thought that if she stayed any longer I would lose it due to the unproffesional things that were about to come out of my mouth. You have never met my child he does not know you and you are no friend of his parents dont you dare touch my child... I dont give a fuck if you out rank me or not!!!!!

Gahh sorry if its a little confusing just needed to vent, Military moms how would you have handled this if it were you?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you report her to a higher up?  That wasn't her call to make.  Her rank in the field doesn't dictate a damned thing about how you raise your child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you report her to a higher up?  That wasn't her call to make.  Her rank in the field doesn't dictate a damned thing about how you raise your child.

That was exactly my thought, as far as reporting I don't think this one insident is worth it but I do think that with that and all the other stuff shes been saying and doing to me, I'm gonna start writing them down and take it to the chain of command. She has done nothing but bully me in the last 2 drills since my SGT fiance left for another unit....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM

well unless there was a really valid reason to have a paci, my kid would have been without it a long ass time ago.  like over 13 months ago. 

She was wrong.  But maybe she's just a harsh person.  I know lots of people that would have made comments about a kid that old having a paci.  Me personally?  I would have said it to myself.  It's not up to me to make parenting choices for other people.  Apparently miss wonderful over there thinks otherwise. 

I would have been mad.  The ony thing I can equate it to is if someone took my kid's stuffed animal away or something.  Because let's face it:  at this point teh paci is really only a comfort thing.  There's zero need for it. 

even if my kid did have a paci at that age, I would have made damn sure he didnt have it in front of my co-workers or out in public. 

As far as reporting her?  I'd just forget that mess.  It's asking for trouble.  I'd make a note of it and then do something if the bully behavior continued.  You also don't want to sound whiny and that you can't fight your own battles. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

well unless there was a really valid reason to have a paci, my kid would have been without it a long ass time ago.  like over 13 months ago. 

She was wrong.  But maybe she's just a harsh person.  I know lots of people that would have made comments about a kid that old having a paci.  Me personally?  I would have said it to myself.  It's not up to me to make parenting choices for other people.  Apparently miss wonderful over there thinks otherwise. 

I would have been mad.  The ony thing I can equate it to is if someone took my kid's stuffed animal away or something.  Because let's face it:  at this point teh paci is really only a comfort thing.  There's zero need for it. 

even if my kid did have a paci at that age, I would have made damn sure he didnt have it in front of my co-workers or out in public. 

As far as reporting her?  I'd just forget that mess.  It's asking for trouble.  I'd make a note of it and then do something if the bully behavior continued.  You also don't want to sound whiny and that you can't fight your own battles. 

Thats my point is that ever parent and child are different as you said YOU would have not let him have one at that age or infornt of people, but I did and thats my choice NOT hers and for her to touch my child ESPECIALLY after she has done nothing but bully me for quite a while now. Its not like he knows her, I'm sure it was scary for him to have some stranger take something away that comforts him. And thats what makes me sooooo mad she is a freaking stranger to him! I also replied about the reporting I dont think I'll report her on this because like you said that one issue would seem like whining buttttt..... if she continues the behaviour (steming from before this incident) then I'll will take it up the chain. She isnt even in my chain nor my MOS she is in supply and I am an MP, she is in HQ I'm in the main body so why she feels the need to spend so much time paying attention to me and now my son IDK, but its not ok!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM

You're right, it's not ok. 

it is literally bullying a little kid.  I think that's a good choice.  Not doing anything about this incident but if it continues, bring up everything then. 

CHances are if she's this big of a douche, other complaints have been filed against her as well. 

There are two things I know for sure about being a woman in the military ( because i was one)

1- you don't ever want to look like you can't fight your own battles

and

2- only complain when you have SUCH a valid complaint, it cannot be ignored by the higher ups.  Right now it's just a history of being a B. . .but whomever you complain to could view it as a petty, small problem.  "she hurt my feelings because she  stepped on my toes as a parent".  Yes, she was unprofessional, and yes she was totally wrong. .. . but if ( God forbid) you ever end up having to work with her, life is gunna suck. 

I had a superior that was very similiar.  She's on my facebook page still and is STILL a total B.  She's been married four times in 20 years and has nothing to look forward to in life besides her dogs.  Usually people like the person you are complaining about fall all on their own. 

Good luck though!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats my point is that ever parent and child are different as you said YOU would have not let him have one at that age or infornt of people, but I did and thats my choice NOT hers and for her to touch my child ESPECIALLY after she has done nothing but bully me for quite a while now. Its not like he knows her, I'm sure it was scary for him to have some stranger take something away that comforts him. And thats what makes me sooooo mad she is a freaking stranger to him! I also replied about the reporting I dont think I'll report her on this because like you said that one issue would seem like whining buttttt..... if she continues the behaviour (steming from before this incident) then I'll will take it up the chain. She isnt even in my chain nor my MOS she is in supply and I am an MP, she is in HQ I'm in the main body so why she feels the need to spend so much time paying attention to me and now my son IDK, but its not ok!

STVUstudent
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I probably would have done the same thing... I never had to deal too much with this shit in the Navy- saw it more with my friends who were Army and Marines... but yeah, I would not have been happy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

it is literally bullying a little kid.  I think that's a good choice.  Not doing anything about this incident but if it continues, bring up everything then. 

CHances are if she's this big of a douche, other complaints have been filed against her as well. 

There are two things I know for sure about being a woman in the military ( because i was one)

and

2- only complain when you have SUCH a valid complaint, it cannot be ignored by the higher ups.  Right now it's just a history of being a B. . .but whomever you complain to could view it as a petty, small problem.  "she hurt my feelings because she  stepped on my toes as a parent".  Yes, she was unprofessional, and yes she was totally wrong. .. . but if ( God forbid) you ever end up having to work with her, life is gunna suck. 

I had a superior that was very similiar.  She's on my facebook page still and is STILL a total B.  She's been married four times in 20 years and has nothing to look forward to in life besides her dogs.  Usually people like the person you are complaining about fall all on their own. 

Good luck though!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm kind of assuming she is just a misserable person in general like you said and thats why I just let all the stuff she said to me go, because I'm a big girl and can handle it but thats my lil man and no fucks with him lol I have to be his protector cuz he cant do it himself! I just wish we would have been off duty so I could have punched her lol :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Quoting STVUstudent:

I probably would have done the same thing... I never had to deal too much with this shit in the Navy- saw it more with my friends who were Army and Marines... but yeah, I would not have been happy.

Yup it's and Army thing I guess lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup. . . and like I said.  Not only a bully, but an adult that bullies a little kid.  who does that?!?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

and

Good luck though!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm kind of assuming she is just a misserable person in general like you said and thats why I just let all the stuff she said to me go, because I'm a big girl and can handle it but thats my lil man and no fucks with him lol I have to be his protector cuz he cant do it himself! I just wish we would have been off duty so I could have punched her lol :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have said if you don't give my child his pacifier back I'm going to go report you to the senior NCO for bullying a junior NCO/private (whatever you are) and your child. Her behavior is unacceptable.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN