Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I hate recruiting duty

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 10:20 PM
  • 14 Replies

My husband called a little bit ago after a meeting with his commander.  The commander is threatening to administratively separate him for not making quota.  He's only been in recruiting for five months; the just removed his former supervisor of not doing his job, and they assigned him a section that is acknowledged to have been messed up by the recruiter who was in charge of it last.  My husband has been in for 13 years and the commander is threatening to have him separated out a week from Friday.  Wft? And why in the world did he chose two days before Christmas to drop this bombshell.  It's a two hour drive from that RS to our house, so I'm waiting for him to get home, but right now my stomach is churning.  

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Dec. 24, 2013 at 12:42 AM
It can happen. When my DH was on recruiting duty, there was a couple guys he worked with that couldn't do the job so they were "canned". I don't believe he would be kicked out if the military, just sent to another unit somewhere with a mark on his record stating he failed on this tour or something like that. Of course it does not look good for promotion or reinvestment time.
erin708
by Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:46 AM
My dhs partner was kicked out of recruiting for not passing pt tests. He's in a dif department now. Its always stressfull when he pulls a zero for the month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 24, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Wow...I don't know anything about recruiting duty to be honest.  Hugs!

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 7:21 PM

oh gosh!!! TBH they are kicking out people for any and everything right now... At least that is how it is where I am stationed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 25, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Crazy! My husband was a recruiter and thankfully the people he worked with were amazing and they all worked together to meet quota.
I don't know why the military is so anal about recruiting when they are constantly finding ways to kick people out! At my husbands last duty station people were afraid to breath because the captain was on a rampage!
It's shitty for sure.
Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:39 AM
It's not a difficult job and the mission box is down. People are practically lining around the block to enlist around here. Maybe he needs to actually do his job. If he sucks well they're gonna kick him into an other job with a quite nasty mark on his record.
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:34 PM
I'm sorry. I am ignorant about recruiting but I have always heard bad things :(.
mrspeterrabbit
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:08 AM
I pray for your families sake thats not what happend mama.
Mommy2Bri425
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:41 PM
We got a E7 some back months back who had just reclassed into my MOS. He started off as a MP, went recruiting and then changed his job. After I found out that he was a recruiter, I started asking questions because I really would love to do it. He told me horror stories and also told me that there were people who had been separated from the Army because they didn't produce enough numbers. I don't know when he recruited exactly but I've surely heard of it happening. Scary. Hopefully your husband won't be separated.

How many people is he supposed to put in per month?
NikiOcasio
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Yikes, thankfully my husbands recruiting duty hasn't been too terrible. They seem to always make the numbers they should. We also live in NYC though so it's easier up here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)